Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on March 3, 2013
My spiritual journey has taken me to many houses of worship, to countless bookstores, to thousands of hours of reading, to purchases at new age shops, to expensive sessions with mediums, to meditation and of course to the worldwide web. I have struggled through Jane Roberts' 'Seth' books, studied 'A Course in Miracles' aligned my chakras and tried to be a sponge and soak up all I could learn.

Yesterday my friend Susan, posted on Facebook about the release of this book 'The Afterlife of Billy Fingers'. I immediately purchased and downloaded it on my Kindle. I followed Billy's journey, thanks to Annie and Billy. I cried and I laughed and I learned a lot, through their journey. This morning when the book ended, I needed MORE! I want to thank the powers that be for the permission they must have given to help Billy be able to tell his story, and also for Annie to be able to hear it.

I wish I had read this book years ago or something like it. The beauty and simplicity and wonder touched my soul unlike all the other books I have ever read before. Trust me when I tell you, I have been reading 2 to 3 books a week since 5th grade and I will be 59 years old this coming Friday.I guess you can say I know what I like when it comes to books. This one was a life changer. If your search brought you here, it was for a very good reason. READ THIS BOOK!
44 comments| 309 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 25, 2017
This was interesting. Promoted as nonfiction. Want to accept it as so. Not sure. The author's brother dies tragically after living a fast life with drugs and alcohol and an oftentimes questionable living. After his death she hears him speak to her. He reassures her he is at peace and encourages her to write a book for him. It is his calling and she is to be the human connection to make that happen. He tells her about life after death and about his own ominous demise and how eternal life is not based on his performance on earth but brings him fullfillment for all that he searched for.
on December 10, 2015
I bought this book for my 90 year old mother about two year after my dad passed away. I talked to her about the book and purchase first (before I had it delivered to her). She is a devoted and traditional Methodist, so I was not sure if she would read this book (e.g., I bought her a meditation book for Xmas once and it never got read).

We started having conversations after my father's passing about my out-of-body experiences. She wanted me to read the book along with her, so I did. The experience gave me the opportunity to discuss other topics with her, such as: reincarnation, past life regression, why I am no longer a religious person, and some of my more overt spiritual experiences (including two with my father which occurred after his physical death). Mom liked the book, and she appreciated what I did. It also helped her understand how dad might have visited her in her home (in spirit).

Overall, the book is an easy read. It is loaded with dozens of brief wisdom statements from "the other side". If you let them, some of these bits of wisdom can really soak into your soul and remind you (once again) who we really are. Billy's story is moving, and Annie Kagan (Billy's sister) shares an honest narrative about her relationship with her brother. I found the book an easy way to introduce spirituality to a traditionally religious person. I know a lot of people who have read this book, and I have not met one who did not like the book and/or appreciate the bits of wisdom that seem to flow from its pages.
on October 16, 2014
Always a fan of NDE books, and this book has something much different to offer. An easy book to fly through but enjoyed taking my time with the nuances of discovery of levels of existence beyond what we know here. Also, such a great reminder that we never know a soul's mission, and our judgment of someone's life not being lived as we think it should most likely has no bearing on that soul's mighty purpose.
on September 16, 2015
It's one of those life-changing books that you read, where your entire perspective about existence is challenged. Two other books did that for me: one was "Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsche, and the other was Dr. Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives". Kagan's "The Afterlife of Billy Fingers" reawakened that wonder in me about the mysteries of the afterlife, and I was left with an ethereal afterglow that has not quite lifted. Life seems so much more enriched now; things aren't so serious, little things that used to bother me, are no longer significant, people who were once thorns in my side no longer exert any influence on me.
Do I believe Annie took dictation from her deceased brother, and managed to document the events that occurred to his soul in the Afterlife? Yes - why not? History is littered with people claiming to have heard the word of God or Spirit that they have then been inspired to document. And yet, somehow, this book is different. Imagine: real time documentation of what occurs to Billy after his sudden death in his own words. Not a channelled interpretation, not a transcript from hypnotic regression, and not a theory about what might have happened to him. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, because in the end, it makes for fascinating reading.
on December 3, 2015
I've read a lot of books about Near-Death Experiences and those chronicling pre-life regressions. This is the ONLY book I've read (so far) that goes beyond that--infinitely farther. Billy comes to the end of his wheel of reincarnation and shows us what lies beyond. He not only leaves his body behind, but as he progresses, he leaves his soul behind as well, to emerge as pure Spirit.

At times the things he goes through are so beautiful that tears ran down my face. (Pretty embarrassing when you're sitting in the doctor's waiting room!) At times I said to myself, "But he was an addict. How could he have achieved perfection?" Billy reaffirms that there is no "good" or "bad." He even says there's no karma, a concept (or is that a lack of concept?) that I've been considering after reading a few other books in the same genre.

He gives a lot of solid advice, like choosing what in life you're going to let bother you. (And then make a pearl of it.) His most important lesson seems to be: "Make your life as interesting as you can. Take chances. Go after your dreams." And: "People spend lots of time on things that make them unhappy--too much focus on the sand in the oyster. To cultivate joy, pay attention to what you like." He means every day. Every moment that you can. Focus on what delights you.

I felt so good and uplifted after reading this book. I need to reread it so the advice sinks in and I begin to practice it. The text is a very easy read, written with a casual tone. My ONE qualm with this is that there was no chapter with corroborating evidence from people involved, like Annie's friend, Tex. Maybe for the second edition, please?
on July 23, 2017
My thoughts on the book "The Afterlife of Billy Fingers". It's not short!
Wow, what a book! I must say that it contained so many beliefs I've touched on, read about, or just plain believe, that I couldn't put it down. It wowed me, it even scared me at times because it went a lot further than I expected or fathomed. I saw from the writers background and in the book that she is not a novice and well studied in the world of spirituality and eastern religion. I wanted to say that she may have pieced together any numbers of beliefs but somehow that doesn't seem fair or right. Even Billy said to take what you can and throw the rest out if it doesn't serve you. You'll just have to read it. Maybe twice!
on March 1, 2013
I pre-ordered this book and could not wait for it to arrive. I wasn't disappointed at all and found it captivating, fascinating and I didn't want it to end. Annie and Billy's relationship was much like my own relationship with my brother so I felt an immediate connection to them. I have read quite a few near-death experiences but never an after life experience. The book gave me many answers and did leave me with questions but I'm okay with that. It was interesting to see how Billy evolved from the beginning of the book to the end. Annie was able to tell their story in a very compelling way. Even though she questioned her sanity at first she realized it was really happening because Billy gave her validation every step of the way. It is a story of true love between siblings and I'm grateful to Billy and Annie for sharing their story so those of us who read it can learn from it if we choose to. It not only helped me understand what happens after we leave our bodies and this planet but how to live our lives while we are here. Thank you Annie and Billy for this wonderful gift.
on May 9, 2015
If this is the first book you've ever read on the afterlife, near-death experiences, and such, you'll miss a lot of the truth apparent here. Billy talks about a lot of things about Heaven that have been substantiated by other writers, but he takes us further -- at least further than any of the books I've read on the topic -- because his experience seems to be quite different. I found the book to be many things: comforting, delightful, sad, and liberating all at once. That in itself is quite an accomplishment. Many people won't get this book -- and you can tell by the reviews here. They are just too anchored in the human experience (just as Billy says in the book). People who have had difficult lives here don't want to believe that they chose those experiences themselves to learn and grow. And that's okay -- maybe they're not supposed to get it. Maybe that's their particular path. I've experienced myself what Billy says about Spirit communicating with you through nature and animals -- particularly birds and butterflies. I regularly communicate with my loved ones on the Other Side (although, not as easily as Annie), and they often send me signs and messages in this way. I hope the author will share more of Billy's messages with us about our home. :)
on November 16, 2014
I just finished this book in two days! Although I have read many books with the same or similar subject matter, this book is different! Billy Fingers, the Author's brother, connects and talks to her from Heaven, giving her a real-time understanding of what he's experiencing in Heaven at that particular moment! He is able to give her a blow-by-blow account of his posthumous experience! Now, I have read NDE stories, and stories that were intuitively received by the author, containing information about the stages and levels of Heaven, but none so compelling as this. The reader is able to connect to Billy as well, understanding not only what he's going through at the moment, but the way he expresses his emotions as he's having the experience! There is also a part of the book where he says that there is light inside the pages of the book... There is! Now, I am an intuitive person to begin with, but I usually have to connect with source to receive information. After finishing this book, I had intuitive information flooding into my consciousness for myself, my family, friend's, etc, lol! It was crazy! So there definitely was a divine connection as I was reading the book:)! I also have the gift/ability to channel deceased loved ones from the other side, and have had similar experiences as Annie, the author had with her connection to Billy. I have had connections and communications with my deceased father where he enveloped me in his light/soul body and I could feel the most profound, unconditional love that was not of this earth, it was divine. That was important for me, because it gave validation to the book, and also to my own personal experience. Annie Kagan courageously shared her experience, her brother and this book with the world and I would highly recommend you read it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse