Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 132 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 205 reviews
on August 4, 2014
Disappointing - some lovely prayers - but I found the stories vague and unhelpful. I have been exposed to her 'video' personality which was lovely and somehow the book didn't align to that - in that context she was succinct and insightful
on June 21, 2014
I think you can usually rely on Marianne for well written work in the spiritual / personal development domain. This book is worth reading for the nuggets of gold Marianne offers women readers who are in the mature stage bracket. But I think this book could also be a well - intended pitch to her constituency and in parts it's beset by political state-of-the-world rants that arise with stream of consciousness thinking and writing. That said, I've recommended it to friends for Marianne's fresh and insightful perspectives on reinventing our second go at life. Pick it up - you won't be sorry.
on September 1, 2016
This is an awesome book. It bring read by the author herself makes it even better.
on June 7, 2016
This book definitely makes you think and could wake you up to make even more of a contribution ... to your
life and to the world. The more women learn and know who they are and what they bring to life, the stronger
our family, community and our mother earth is! Mahalo Marianne for who YOU ARE and what you bring.
Aloha ke akua, Carol Ann
on May 17, 2013
Now 53 myself, this book was a "needed" read. It's difficult getting older and wondering who I am now that the child is off to college, I'm single still, my first career is not able to be resurrected and my body, eyes and sometimes spirit, are sagging more and more...and am I even slightly alluring, interesting or valuable any more? I knew Marianne's writings would help guide me from negativity and despair! (LOL) Really, she is so insightful and delivers it all with love, kindness and yet, firmness. Thank you, Marianne!
on November 21, 2016
Great baby boomer book! It shines a different light on where you might think you are in life and give more meaning to the aging process. The books starts out with a humorous look at midlife but then turns to more spiritual meaning to life. Well worth the time you read.
on February 19, 2015
Marianne is the best spiritual healer and life coach I've ever encountered. I'm watching her current 9-part webinar based on this book now and it is life changing. I've started this book (2009?) as well as the current 2014 followup but am holding off awhile until the TV webinars are finished. I know these two books as well as her webinars and weekend classes are fantastic as she is. Look into all if you need a life changing experience.
on May 4, 2014
It's obvious that Marianne Williamson has "been there". She speaks from a place of authenticity and makes some incredible points about the struggles we all go through in finding our own authenticity as we age and become more aware. She's extremely insightful and someone I would really like to get to know better!! There were several Oprah "aha" moments in this book, and several times I thought "why didn't I write this"? If you're over 40, this book is definitely worth the read!!!
on October 3, 2016
Love her!!
on November 23, 2012
I've been a Marianne Williamson fan since "A Return to Love." I do read "A Course in Miracles," although I still struggle with it.

What I took away from this book is the desire to challenge myself as I enter mid-age, to really stretch myself to say yes when given opportunities to try new things. I do find myself becoming more conservative as I get older, and I want to remind myself to stay young in my heart and mind. While not her best work, if you're entering your 40's or 50's, there are a lot of good reminders to contemplate to make sure you're still expanding in your mid-age, instead of contracting like so many people do.