Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 165 reviews
on January 17, 2015
These guys are so blessed by God, i can feel it everytime i hear their music. I listen to east to west everyday on my way to work,and pray for Strength&and spiritual peace to make it through my day, my daily storm that pushes me to the limits of patience and tolerence of co-workers that put so much effort into getting out of work and putting
it on us few who have a work ethic that causes us to be greatful to have a job to our effort into. Casting crowns gets me in that spiritual place of forgivness of ignorance around me, and und
erstanding of Gods
presence in my life
on September 5, 2007
The first song on this album reveals that Casting Crowns is a little different this time around. Musically, they have added more variety while, on the whole, moving toward a harder rock sound. Lyrically, they are still focused on challenging Christians; however, the preaching does not make them forget to put some good poetry in their lyrics.
"What This World Needs" starts with a few seconds of electronic sound that I'm not sure I like, but then moves into a powerful rock sound teamed with powerful lyrics calling Christians out for getting in the way of the gospel. I like it.
"Every Man" has a good sound, but so far it doesn't really grab me.
"Slow Fade" is an amazing song--probably my favorite of the album--about compromises slowly leading to downfall. The choice to use a child at the end singing "O be careful little eyes what you see" works very well.
"East to West," which has already gotten significant radio play as a single, sounds more like the old Casting Crowns and features some very good lyrics, including a poetic reminder that having our sin removed as far as the east is from the west means that Christ came in between us and it.
"The Word Is Alive" is a long, powerful song that just has a lot of good content paired with great music. I haven't digested it all yet--that will take several more listens--but I'll probably love this one more and more as I do.
"The Altar and the Door," strangely enough, is one of the weakest songs on the album. I don't really like the sound of it that well, though it has a good message.
"Somewhere in the Middle" is another one of my favorites. It has a similar message to "The Altar and the Door," but better done. "Fearless warriors in a picket fence" is an image that will stick with you, and it's not the only good image in the song. It also features cellos, violas, and violins for a more orchestral sound.
"I Know You're There" I found somewhat forgettable, though not bad.
"Prayer for a Friend" is simple and good, though poetically unremarkable.
"All Because of Jesus" is pretty good, but not the most remarkable song on the album. After this song and period of silence, however, there is a hidden song called "White Dove Fly High," which I have learned is in Korean and English and was sung when Casting Crowns visited Korea. It doesn't sound like Casting Crowns normally does, but I like it nevertheless.
on August 1, 2017
Great CD!
on March 8, 2017
great group
on February 19, 2016
A phenomenal CD! As always Casting Crowns does such a tremendous job of writing & producing music that glorifies the majestic name of Jesus Christ! The song 'Little Eyes' is absolutely amazing with such a great message!
on October 27, 2007
This latest effort by Casting Crowns is an outstanding project. As with their other albums, it is lyrically powerful and has a great sound.

There are several very good songs on this album. The album has a theme of challenging Christians to live their faith all the time, not just on Sunday mornings. There are a couple of praise songs and a prayer-song included also, but most of the tracks here have a message that is very hard hitting to believers.

As with their previous albums, I think that this one will produce several hit singles. 'East To West' is already in that category. Others that are very good include 'What The World Needs', 'Every Man', and 'Slow Fade'.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is already a fan of Casting Crowns. For those who are unfamiliar with their music, I would recommend starting off with their self titled debut. In any case, this is well worth buying.
on March 23, 2014
I have this particular CD/DVD combo set; however it's a little different than just the CD with the music only. I love the songs; especially one song, that always reminds me of my granddaughter when she was four years old and always sang along with the kids at the end. She didn't even know the story the song was painting, but she always knew it was "that song" when it started playing, and waited patiently for the end where the kids sang so she could sing along with them.
Kathy Moore
on November 19, 2015
Enjoy Casting Crowns and their songs
on May 30, 2016
DUR!!!!
on January 2, 2013
This is my favorite band. The words and music they write are Spirit-inspired If I don't have time in a busy day to stop and read my Bible, I can always pop in a Casting Crowns cd. The Altar and the Door is no exception! I am touched by their music very deeply. It challenges me to be more like Christ. Some songs are like prayers for me. Somewhere in the Middle, the title track, and What This World Needs are among my favorites from this album.