Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 8, 2014
I have done a lot of research on the subject of Alzheimer's and dementia. My grandfather and my mother both suffered from dementia when they reached their seventies. I am doing everything I can to help myself now, so that I can prevent, or at least delay, the onset of this horrible illness. This book has reinforced many practices that I have already implemented in my life, and many others that I am going to add right now. Thank you for this important information.
on May 15, 2017
Very insightful, easy to read. Good illustrations and puzzles to work on. I enjoyed reading this book. Instead of recommending pills to take to ward of Alzheimer's and memory decline, the author recommends normal foods, exercise and mind games.
Mike M.
on March 4, 2013
I wish I had read this years ago. At 76, it may be too late for me. But I am incorporating his suggestions into my daily routine. I was not aware that doing things with my left hand could stimulate areas of my brain (I am right-handed). I already had been doing crossword puzzles, but was amazed at how hard it was to recall a long list of unassociated words. I will be working on that. Also I had noticed that doing math problems had become difficult. I will be doing more of those also. This is a book that I will be reading and re-reading.
on January 24, 2012
GOOD: Good book for those who want more information on Alzheimer's disease. The book is reasonably current in its content as of 2011. Good ideas about strategies to help prevent or delay the disease's onset. No quick fixes, but good suggestions on how to improve diet, memory exerciese, etc. Worth reading.

ISSUES: The book has several "tests" which require that you have a computer and internet access to download and print. The Kindle edition doesn't do a good job with viewing these forms which are necessary to get all the potential value of the book. If you're looking for a good reference book, it's probably best to purchase the book in it's hard form. The current cost is about the same as the Kindle edition and then you'll have a reference you can go back to easily.
22 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2014
This is a good book for anyone who is afraid of developing dementia. It is also a good teaching source for caregivers in the home and the facility. It helps keep people going one crossword puzzle at a time.
on March 25, 2012
Dr. Small brings out information that many of us have been waiting to hear about on this topic. His experience and integrity contribute to the credibility of his book and the lifestyle suggestions outlined. I recommend it to anyone worried about getting Alzheimer's or caring for someone who has it.
on December 16, 2014
This was what I expected a very informative book with exercises that can be applied in daily life to remember things. I haven't totally finished the book, but anticipate gaining informative processes to apply to my everyday life.
on June 29, 2017
same old information
on April 22, 2017
great
on February 17, 2015
WOW!!! What a great book!!!! This book appears to have all of the necessary items to help my brain stay in great condition. I am very happy with this book more so than some others. It has many different ways of challenging my brain to stay healthy. I would recommend this book to any older person who has some problems staying on top of things.