Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 199 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 324 reviews
on December 13, 2005
Jerry and Esther has once again, given us the keys to the Kingdom in this book.

It explains the reasons for us being here, tells us how to live a joyous life and best of all teaches us how to utilize various processes to live the life we were born to live!

I have been practicing the Abraham-Hicks philosophies for two years now and they are changing my life for the better in every moment.

This book unlocks the freedom we've all been seeking for thousands of years...

What feels better than knowing you are a clear-minded, magnificent, good-feeling, brilliant, creative, loving genius?
11 comment| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2014
The reason that I know that everything in this book is absolutely true is because after reading this I get an unexplained rush of energy that is truly supernatural. I'm not kidding and if you read Ask and it is Given you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It's like my soul is giving me a signal that this is real. It's true that its mostly redundant stuff from Ask and it is Given but that's a good thing because I've read Ask and it is Given so many times I'm memorizing the words. At least now they're mixed around and I still get my burst of energy. I was going through a really tough time in my life when I read the Abraham/Hicks books and it's still amazing to me that I went from a deep depression to one of the best moods I've ever been in. A lot of people get this feeling after reading the Bible but I get it from reading spiritual books including the Abraham/Hicks books.
on November 6, 2006
After reading "Ask, and it is Given," I couldn't resist "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent." Both volumes contain essentially the same concepts and ideas. This book is more assertive and direct in its approach...refreshing and consciousness-raising. I alternate them in my daily reading, as I sometimes "hear" from one better than the other. They are both excellent guides to law of attraction and alignment with source energy. But be aware....this material has the propensity to be life-changing.....
on July 15, 2015
This book is great. A large portion of it (perhaps 25% or more) lists specific exercises and examples of how to shift your vibrations and deliberately change your thought patterns to something more beneficial. I was expecting a read more like the other Abraham books, but this one has some hands-on exercises for you to try at home. If you're looking for a good read, try "Ask And It Is Given" instead. But if you're looking for real-world applications of spiritual concepts, or if you want actionable advice to further your spiritual pursuits, this is the book for you.
on March 5, 2016
Love it.
Love Abraham.
Have 3 other books by Abraham
and 2 card-decks.

Yes, it's repetitive;
for me, that's the idea
to suffuse these concepts into my brain,
and make them a part of my daily living.

BE HAPPY! & let Abraham help you
(you can even learn online - Youtube)
VINE VOICEon June 2, 2013
There are some books that read and you end up taking pages and pages of notes. This is one of those books that will amaze you with the tidbits that will blow your mind. I have read this book a couple of times now and there are some ideas that should and could change your life if you really open your mind. One idea that I am going to really work on from here on out is " when thinking about money are you thinking about the abundance in the universe or the absence of abundance?"... Such powerful stuff and I (and probably more than a few of you) really am looking forward to retraining my thoughts to be thinking only abundance. I can go on and on about the great examples but this is such a great book you should get busy now and start reading.
on March 28, 2006
"Ask and It Is Given" just blew me away, and once I had really read it through several times (and started having success in manifesting), I wondered what else there was. I found my way to the Abraham-Hicks website where I was able to download a long recording of Abraham actually speaking. Wow.

I then noticed another book available, "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent", and its table of contents preview seemed to suggest that there was lots of new material inside.

UPSIDE: "Deliberate Intent" contains some vibration-raising exercises for relationship problems, work-related problems, etc. that go further than the first book.

It also includes transcripts of sessions where people actually asked Abraham for help with their own personal problems (Abraham Live-Questions and Answers). A lot of it was surprising. I wish there had been more of that, because it was so educational.

DOWNSIDE: A lot of the book covers exactly the same material as does "Ask and It Is Given", only it is worded and organized differently.

I don't think it's so much a problem of the authors "padding", as it is this: the process of manifesting as laid out by Abraham is deceptively simple; so simple in fact, that one can only elaborate on it so much and that's it.

"Ask and It Is Given" is still my all-time favorite book of this genre, and I rate it one star higher than "Deliberate Intent". They are both good books, but the former will always be the magical key of manifesting for my money.
on May 5, 2016
In this book are described numerous processes aiming at transforming, one step at a time, our mentality and, as a consequence, gradually improve our circonstances, this, according to the Law of Attraction. I found tedious the constant repetition of the examples and other elements of text used in support of the techniques. It seems that Jerry Hicks put together a number of valuable processes taught by Abraham over the years, but the extremely structured style of this book (or manual) departs too much from Abraham's very lively and original delivery style, as is evident in the final chapter, entitled Abraham Live: Question and Answers. So, while the power of repetition is effective in promoting learning and retention, it may becomes very tiresome to some of us in the end. That said, I greatly benefited from reading this book as well as the other wonderful Abraham-Hicks books that I have had the privilege to read.
on March 11, 2007
I have been a student of Abraham and have loved their work for almost 20 years. I must say that I was fairly disappointed in this product, a 4 cd set on the The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent. It is unfortunately read by Jerry Hicks, who I am sure is a very dear person, but NOT a narrator. His recitation of the material is robotic, innocuous, fast, monotonous and in that - on the verge of irritating. I know the work and Esther's expression of Abraham is indelibly in my head, so I was able to grasp some of the heart and sincerity of the work. But, I fast-forwarded through much of the material and was glad to give it away. If I could have known the quality and lack of emotion that this product contained, I would NOT have purchased. A great Abraham injustice and diappointment.
on March 26, 2017
Too wordy... very little dubstance... there sre better ways to learn this process!