Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 205 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 329 reviews
on August 1, 2017
Man I could listen to esther allllllll day long. I always grew up rejecting the idea of marrying someone who has been on earth before me. But esther is an exception.

However I think she'd like to remain single to join with Jerry after she transitions. Having said that there are a lot of spirits that have something of esther in them.

Well this review was not about the book but if a book causes you to like the idea of marrying the author then I think you should read it.

Ok the marry esther part was a joke if you didn't notice that. It was just exagerating how much respect and love I developed for her through her books.
The second of the Hicks books that I've read - and this one largely mirrored the first. There is a component where Esther and Jerry discuss their relationship with "Abraham", their name for Collective Consciousness. Then they take the reader through elements to discuss the power of positive thought, the impact of vibration on the manifestation of desires, and the interrelationship between the mind and physical creation.

The middle of the book contains affirmations and analysis of several example issues (like the overbearing parent or the bad job), as well as a description of the 22 levels of the Emotional Guidance Scale. They then walk the reader through example exercises and techniques to raise the vibrations from dismal to hopeful and beyond.

Whether you buy into the Collective Consciousness, the mediumship of Esther, the concept of vibratory resonance, or the New Age thinking, the principles of positive thought, impacting the subconscious, and viewing things in a positive light - or glass half full - espoused in the book is useful for anyone. The book is a quick and easy read, and the techniques it contains should be effective in promoting positive thought and positive results.
on March 5, 2016
Love it.
Love Abraham.
Have 3 other books by Abraham
and 2 card-decks.

Yes, it's repetitive;
for me, that's the idea
to suffuse these concepts into my brain,
and make them a part of my daily living.

BE HAPPY! & let Abraham help you
(you can even learn online - Youtube)
on February 4, 2013
I felt like this book was trying to offer a "New Agey" quick fix to the deep feelings and issues people face as humans, there were a few good exercises, but alot of it did not resonate with me a bit. I also didn't like the examples they used or the formulaic methodology.
on October 16, 2009
"The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent," by Esther and Jerry Hicks, is a great disappointment to me personally. Why, after reading my positive comments and reviews of their previous books, you ask? Maybe it's me, but I could not get into this book at all. As I continued reading a loud question kept popping into my head, "What the heck are these people talking about? I just don't get this book!"

By reaching chapter 25, the chapters are very short, I gave up and switched to another book. I had bought this book for my vacation reading and wasn't having any fun doing so. What happened? The last book, "Ask and It Is Given," was awesome in all respects. Could I "not be ready" for the material presented in this book thus, could not comprehend the message?..................Ahhhh!......NO! I don't thinks it's me.

I can appreciate you may not agree with me, and that's okay. We are all on our own path in our journey of personal development. This book was just too far out there for me. If you actually understand it, please don't hesitate to share it with the rest of us.
on November 24, 2011
Of all the Abraham books I have read, so far this one is my favorite. I should add that I have not read their vortex book yet, and I am looking forward to doing so.

The first half of this book is an expansion upon the ideas presented in Ask and It is Given. I think the information presented here was even more stimulating than the previous book. The chapters on Vibrational Relativity and Finding Alignment are particularly helpful. Also helpful are the chapters on Improved Vibrational Relativity and The Action Journey and the Emotional Journey.

This book also contains some of the best processes Abraham has offered. Most notable is the Focus-Wheel, often mentioned by Abraham elsewhere. This is where Abraham first explained the process and gave examples applied to various situations.

The biggest problem I found in this book was wading through the several chapters on Vibrational Relativity regarding.... Also the several chapters regarding balancing desires and beliefs. These chapters become very redundant. I think they would have worked much better formatted into tables. That would have made the information much easier to scan and reference.

That complaint aside, any Abraham book is worth reading. They do the best job of presenting the mechanics of manifestation.
on March 11, 2015
This book offers profound clarity in why we are here in this physical world as non-physical brings. We are all encompassed and empowered to loving what is in every sense and dimension just my simply allowing it. Our emotional journey offers us the key to having abundance through fun and joy in being who we really are.
on May 5, 2016
In this book are described numerous processes aiming at transforming, one step at a time, our mentality and, as a consequence, gradually improve our circonstances, this, according to the Law of Attraction. I found tedious the constant repetition of the examples and other elements of text used in support of the techniques. It seems that Jerry Hicks put together a number of valuable processes taught by Abraham over the years, but the extremely structured style of this book (or manual) departs too much from Abraham's very lively and original delivery style, as is evident in the final chapter, entitled Abraham Live: Question and Answers. So, while the power of repetition is effective in promoting learning and retention, it may becomes very tiresome to some of us in the end. That said, I greatly benefited from reading this book as well as the other wonderful Abraham-Hicks books that I have had the privilege to read.
on May 27, 2017
I did not finish this. I though it was pretty boring.
on July 21, 2017
Anything by the Hicks' is well worth the read!