Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on February 17, 2014
First, let me say that I ordered this book because I already have the "Amish Cook's Baking Book" and, while it is definitely a coffee-table type book, it is one of my favorite cookbooks to use. Simple, easy recipes all through the book, but if you are looking for all home-grown/homemade ingredients, or organic-type recipes, you won't find it here. I have lived near Amish settlements all of my life, and been friends with numerous Amish families, as well as being raised in a similar background, albeit WITH cars, electricity, etc. The Amish are very frugal, so yes, some recipes use things like cream of mushroom soup, Velveeta cheese, and stuffing mixes-Aldi's is a favorite grocery store of many people!
on August 15, 2017
love, love love this book. The stories are just the best.
the recipes are everything you already have in your psntry
on March 21, 2016
I like the book very much. Love the recipes and also the story about the Amish people. Enjoying the book very much. The Amish people really know how to cook.
on April 23, 2011
I bought this book hoping for a wealth of traditional Amish recipes. The reviews were strong so, I was hoping to be hppy with my purchase. Unfortunately, what this book is is a very intriguing personal history of one Amish family, and a summary of the more broadly experienced Amish faith and culture. As a student of social History, I thought the book was well written and very engaging. As a cookbook, it is severely lacking. The recipes are actually a very small part of the book. And, most rely on canned mushroom soup and Velveeta as main components. (Velveeta? Bleck!) Many actually call for margarine, which we all know, liquifies your liver. The recipes are exactly what one would find in a 1950's Campbell's soup cookbook. How is it even possible to publish an Amish cookbook without a recipe for apple pie? If you are an experienced cook/baker, this is not what you need on your cookbook shelf. Save the space for an actual cookbook. If you are looking for an Amish personal history, go ahead and buy this book. It Is a very good read.
on September 8, 2015
This was an amazing book! I absolutely loved it! I highly recommend it and this seller. We use the recipes in this book all the time and have yet to have one that we didn't like. A++
on February 27, 2017
Beautiful photos and good recipes. Good Seller service!
on April 6, 2013
Loved the book! Not only were there great recipes but you also learned so much from the book. Lovina has a way of writing that makes you feel like you are right there enjoying the time with her. A great learning experience when you read the books and find out so many things that you didn't know about the Amish. Read and enjoy.
on December 5, 2014
Very disappointed. Too many reminiscing stories irrelevant to recipes.
on December 20, 2014
Very good book I recommend...
on January 13, 2016
Lovely book, beautiful photographs and tasty recipes.