Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 330 reviews
on July 1, 2017
An other Amityville Horror movie. It is not terrible and the cast is good. Not for kids and entertainment for adults.
on February 28, 2014
I'm not a fan of modern horror. It seems like most stories today overuse CGI or just want to sicken the audience with as much gross out shock gore as the studio can stuff into the film. This is not the case with Amityville Horror. I wasn't sickened to my stomach, but I did gave genuine chills while watching. It was good and creepy as a horror movie should be without the extreme misuse and abuse of CGI. Felt the actors were believable enough too.

I would definitely list this under one of the better remakes of classic movies, and would recommend to a friend.
on January 4, 2014
as others have said, this is not just a re-make of the first movie, but a stand-alone version of the story by itself, and should be viewed from that aspect. josh brolin and rod steiger did very creditable jobs in the first movie as George lutz and the priest. all in all, I like the character portrayals by all the actors in this, the 2005 version. heavier into the special effects than the first movie, but that's technology for you. I especially liked the two little girls in this, the dark haired ghost girl (great makeup) and the blonde chelsea lutz girl, playing off each other as opposites (dark and light, death and life). great "making of..." segment and actor interviews. hit girl scores again.
on March 19, 2017
Perfect!!!
on March 1, 2017
Great
on May 24, 2017
Good
on August 6, 2014
Well being a fan of this type of movie I thought it was pretty good. The building of suspense was good and kept me entertained throughout the movie. For a remake I was impressed by it. I thought the acting was good by all the actors in the movie. Now if you go into this movie with the original firmly in your mind you may not enjoy it all, take it for what it is a movie and you might enjoy it. I would recommend this to a friend.
on August 30, 2016
hi amazon. for some reason THE AMITTYVILLE HORROR movie i receved today dosent work for my blu ray players . it says its source A but my players are source B. i don't know how to change it . any advice
on August 10, 2015
Another true story Of the Lutz family and their ordeal after moving in the DeFeo residence.
on November 9, 2015
Great horror movie based on true events. It's that good that I've watched this multiple times. Definitley a good buy. Kept my full attention and gave me just what's expected of a scary movie.