Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on January 13, 2015
I haven't finished this book yet, but I thought it's worth mentioning that this book seems more geared toward women who harbor anger and resentment but are completely unable to recognize it or express it. While I am not aggressive or physically violent, I wanted a book that would help me find healthier ways to express or deal with anger; not a book that helps me to realize I am angry. I already know I'm angry - that's why I bought the book.
on January 5, 2015
I purchased this workbook at my counselor's recommendation. She used copies of some of the activities out of this book in our sessions and I wanted to complete the rest of the book once our sessions were done. The exercises are very helpful in identifying your feelings and how to handle them. I found this book very useful. Obviously, this book is not going to "cure" your anger and should not take the place of speaking with a counselor if you feel you have an anger management problem.
on January 9, 2007
I believe it is vitally important for our society to realize that men and women handle and exhibit anger in very different ways. This book has taught me a lot about feminine anger, and subsequently my own anger. I've found it to work especially well in conjunction with individual therapy. I highly recommend this book to women suffering from depression and/or anxiety, since those are both common masks of feminine anger.
on March 13, 2017
Great item highly recommend and great product fast shipping Will do business again.
on July 8, 2013
This book has a lot of good advises and exercise how to recognize you "boiling point" before it is get over you. I think it should be in school program.
on May 12, 2012
I found this workbook to be wonderfully written and very useful if you are trying to isolate causes for your anger and learn some tools for how to get better control over anger. As with all self-help books, you will get out of it what you are willing to apply in your lives. For those of you who are looking for some insight into how a woman deals with anger, I highly recommend this workbook.
on May 18, 2010
Provides great information for working with women who are trying to understand their anger. 'Hidden Anger' is discussed in a way that relates well to women.
on August 21, 2013
I have used this tool with both men and women, so I would say first and foremost that some of the tools in here are definitely gender neutral. That said, I work in a women's correctional facility and use tools and techniques in this book on a daily basis to assist women inmates in learning better ways to manage their anger. It is refreshing to see chapters dedicated to how women internalize feelings of pain and anger, as well as acknowledging our society's preference for women to stuff their anger rather than express it. It has a variety of self evaluation tools to encourage insight, and I have had several women request their families to purchase this on their behalf. Highly recommended for anyone that works primarily with women.
on February 17, 2016
One of very few books on ANGER for women! I guess women aren't supposed to be angry - --- - just depressed? (Internalized Anger). As a Therapist in a Chemical Dependency/Mental Health Therapist this worked well in my group settings and for those in Out Patient treatment as well.
on July 12, 2014
SO insightful, and chalked full of wisdom and tools/self exercises.
I agree with another reviewer, highly recommend this text in conjunction with a professional, it will only propel you further.
I couldn't put it down. Wish everyone was healthy enough to work on their anger, sure would help the world A LOT!