Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 3, 2010
I am a therapist who was looking for a good workbook w/ tools to help w/ anxiety for my adolescent population. Although this workbook has some good materials it seems to be more appropriate for preteen or younger teens. Which is still helpful for me. For parents looking for a good workbook I would recommend this book for kids 11 through 14 or 15. Older than that I would look into books geared toward adults, as I think older teens would find this book immature.
33 comments| 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2016
If you have a teenager who suffers from excessive anxiety, this is the best book out there. As a parent and as someone with a degree in Clinical Psychology, this earns my seal of approval. It's simple to use, but backed by the science.
on May 24, 2017
My teenage grandson suffers with anxiety, since his mother (my daughter), took her life 4 years ago. He said that the workbook helped a little, and that it was okay. He said some parts were good, and others didn't help at all. At least he took the time to use it! That says a lot! Thank you.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 12, 2017
I use this book, coupled with expressive art therapy in three times a week in the program I counsel at. It is user friendly and he students seem to really relate to the scenarios provided. I would definitely recommend, depending on your philosophy/theory of counseling.
on August 11, 2014
I am impressed by this series of workbooks for teens. They are simple enough for a teenager to spend just about the right amount of time reading and writing about issues which might then bring about useful conversation, without being like a school text book. They came on the recommendation of a therapist and have some good, simple ideas which are easily implemented into daily life.
on February 7, 2017
Great book to help teenagers with their anxiety. My daughter loved working through the book and learned new skills.
on March 23, 2014
I picked this up because I work with teens and young adults. The explanations are clear without talking down to the audience. Ms. Schab also provides a lot of simple exercises teens (or anyone) can use to reduce anxiety. I'll definitely be using this with clients in my practice.
on February 6, 2018
Bought for my granddaughter who has Aspergers and some health issues cropping up. She says she likes it a lot, that it helps
on November 17, 2016
Well written and easy to work through.
on February 5, 2014
The activities within this workbook are applicable to a variety of girls which is great. Some of the feedback I have received from clients is that they want more, want the opportunity to continue to go in depth with their application of some of the coping skills activities. Overall this seems to be a valuable resource for clinicians and individuals struggling with anxiety.