Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on October 9, 2009
I bought this book as a gift for my 10 yr. old Little Leaguer. He had recently begun catching and was struggling. He was skeptical, to say the least, that a book would help him improve. He read it for a book report and slowly started implementing things that he had learned. He is now a believer! His catching skills grew exponentially and his confidence soared.

This book not only covers skills and tactics but also the history and theory behind them. I would definately recommend this to anyone looking to learn more about The Art of Catching. Our copy is torn, tattered and well loved.
on October 25, 2008
I read an interview with the author in Rockies magazine. For some reason the way Brent Mayne explained the details and purpose of the book stuck with me. I am coach a team and have been fortunate to have two athleic kids who want to catch. I picked up the book during the middle of our fall ball season and used several of the techniques. I see the mistakes I was making in the instruction they were given. I purposely used it on one of our kids that has never caught before. The instructions were easy and straight forward and dead on. He was able to grasp the position (as much as can be grasped in a short season) and showed enthusiasm because of the success he had. The success was a direct result of the information given in this book. The instruction is dead on and put in ways that you can teach even youngsters. It is great to have some detailed and not over philosophical information about a position that is too often overlooked. This will be a catching bible I use with out other coaches. This is great stuff.
on April 13, 2013
My 13 year old son has been a catcher all through little league and reached the point were I couldn't teach him all the little secrets about catching. I stumbled across this book and purchased it on Amazon, it is an easy entertaining read and me and my son find ourselves going back to review certain sections that he feels he needs to work on in his game. Highly recommend this for any aspiring catcher.
on February 22, 2017
Provides for an easy read and gives valuable information for the younger catches on our team that are just learning the position.
on January 24, 2010
An excellent introduction to catching fundamentals. A well written book, excellent illustrations, and the book offers some history into the art of catching as well as the author's personal experiences from high school through his solid career in the major leagues. He explained and justified his style of catching so well that we are making many changes with our catchers. A good book for coaches and an outstanding book for catchers, especially those just starting out. I wish it offered more drills but it certainly covered the basics.
on March 4, 2017
Very Happy!
on July 20, 2016
Very good book!! I really like that Brent focuses on mental approach to playing baseball and catching!
on February 2, 2014
Excellent baseball reference for this challenging position! Can't ask for better expertise from an author and contributors! If you have a young player interested in the position or you coach, well worth the read (and its well written and reads easily)!
on September 29, 2016
Good secrets and techniques of catching!
on September 30, 2012
This the best book about baseball catchers. This book explains why you should do certain things in detail. This book also has pictures to further explain and show how certain positions look like. This book helped me become the better catcher on my team.