Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 27, 2017
Reading this book i already felt the extra air and space awaiting me and granting me degrees of freedom and bliss. The book not only speaks in clichees and general slogans. It goes into everyday examples and raises the questions we are usually ashamed to ask. And, of course, answers them.
on August 21, 2017
This is a great beginner's introduction to Vipassana meditation. Goenke presents a straightforward traditional form of Buddhism that may seem somewhat strict and by the book, but the essential points are right on. As a practitioner of Vipassana, I appreciated this read.
on December 4, 2015
Great Insightful Book. I more than halfway through it and I am enjoying every bit of it. It has changed my outlook on the world & life in general. I am a more relaxed person than I was before. I'm still a work in progress but no one is perfect and that's exactly what this book points out.
on March 22, 2017
A great introduction to the practice of Vipassana Meditation, Dharma and living a liberated life. Good insights on how to live and evolve your meditation practice.
on November 28, 2017
Great overview and teachings on insight meditation. Thank you for this gem! I'm really glad I picked it up to read.
on August 9, 2016
If you're considering taking the 10 day course, first yes you should and this is a good introduction. After the course it is a good review and a deep I g of the knowledge!
on October 12, 2012
Okay.. Vipassana has been around for 3000 years, this book, not quite that long. A direct.. no hand waving guide to sitting. It takes a long time, you will often wonder if you are wasting your time. You are most definitely not. It will change who you are for the better. I would suggest a few sources, but this is strongly recommended. Mostly, just practice, practice, practice. Without a doubt Vipassana did save my life though a difficult stretch long ago.. this book was one of the things that got me there. Metta!
on August 11, 2016
The book outlines the steps a meditator undertaking vipassana is likely to experience. As such it provides insight into the process itself. Well written, encouraging and succinct it nevertheless as with all books on the subject cannot replace the individual practice one must undertake.
on May 10, 2013
I attended a 10 day Vipassana course and could not understand all the aspects of the underlying concepts. Reading and sometimes re-reading the text helped me understand the principles of Vipassana. I am thus still open to practicing this meditative technique myself.
on December 16, 2016
A great book with transparent metaphors in explainig its teachings. For you who search for dhamma and liberation Of sufferig with an ounce of goenka's own inspirating words - the oral manifestation of dhamma