Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 234 reviews
on September 20, 2014
This is a great book recommended for every one who do take decision, especially decision made on others behalf and decisions which impact many people. It demystifies a lot of myths and brings clarity to a lot of "whys?". Take time to read it and probably use if for reference. The chapters are short and the examples are spot on. Only be careful not to let is confuse or digress you... by analytical :)... its not a book for way of life...but a looking glass.
on July 2, 2017
Anyone in a leadership or management position MUST read this before leading anyone!
on April 7, 2015
Probably one of my favorites that I will keep with me for a long time. This is one of those books that after reading it keeps you from seeing the world in the same way beforehand. I will be keeping this with me when making any major rational decisions in life as it has already help reframe my thinking a day after reading it. Changed my perspective on a (mostly emotional) decision I was going to make and saved me from an alternative path that I may have regretted down the line. Though in another review I said this is comparable to "Everything Is Obvious" by Duncan J. Watts, this book by far gets the upper hand as it is ideal for a reference guide on decision making with its very straight to the point method of delivery.
on January 18, 2015
Dobelli classifies and illustrates clearly errors in thinking. He makes the work of many thinkers accessible and fun. His writing style is exemplary and his book is a splendid illustration of the art of thinking clearly.
on July 21, 2013
I like this book because it doesn't just cover typical logical fallacies, but also common myths and general biases most people have. I gave it four stars because I think it is very well written, end enjoyable to read. Unfortunately the book is disorganized, and offers little advice to side-step many of the problems discussed. Near the end of the book the author refers to a decision-tree he uses to process difficult decisions. It would have been substantially more helpful to have published that decision-tree along with the rest of the book. In the end, the author offers beautiful explanations of various thinking problems and a few suggestions on how to avoid at least some of them.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2016
I agree with other reviews in that the book should be called something along the lines of "99 Thinking Errors to Avoid", but title aside, it was a great way to evaluate my own mistakes in thinking and how to avoid future ones. It was broken down into easily digestible chapters (often only 3 pages) and I plan to reference it many times in future years
on August 31, 2014
I loved the simple prose style and the crispness of the arguments. In some of the similar books including those referred to here.. The details of the experiments and model doesn't necessarily serve a great purpose for the non technical reader. What I missed here was pulling it together.. Clearly 100 issues are not the right way to look at cognitive pitfalls... I believe a lot more value would have come from bundling it together because realistically there are maybe really 10 broad dimensions through which this plays out.
on February 23, 2015
Good book but a more accurate description would be, "99 Flaws in our Thinking" or "99 Thinking pitfalls and biases". I understand those aren't as catchy and probably wouldn't sell very well but they more accurately describe the book which is a listing of flaws and biases. The listing of 99 discreet items makes the book quite digestable so you can browse and read those items in which you're most interested rather than reading it cover to cover.
on August 19, 2017
Great book with many great points. Definately interesting reading.
on September 21, 2017
Different than any book I've read I think. I really liked the format. The content is reflective of stuff we kind of all know but it's condensed logically. Very interesting explanations.