Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 328 reviews
on May 1, 2016
Was having musical nostalgia recently and purchased this CD. While I'm really enjoying rocking out to songs from my adolescent years, the album booklet is rife with incorrect lyrics- it's one thing if a preposition or two is off from what is actually sung, but some are actually quite different.

"Men without chests are making a comeback" instead of "look in my eyes you won't find your way back" on The Abolition of a Man. What?

Or, take, "but don't we all bleed red blood x2" in the booklet instead of "we don't need to know/ don't we all know life is sacred? / don't we all know we bleed the same red blood?"

It's just too bad, since back before you could Google lyrics at the drop of a hat, the album booklet was considered the definitive source on what a song's lyrics are. I still really appreciate well done physical album sleeves and booklets as well, so maybe it's just a personal pet peeve.
on January 26, 2015
I bought this album when it first came out (2003), back when I was about 14 years old, and immediately loved it. Here I am, about 12 years later, listening to it again with the same enthusiasm of the good old days, and I seize this occasion to recommend it to everyone because to listen to songs with brilliant lyrics is certainly a pleasant experience. I will give you an example. I emphasize the song "The Melting Point of Wax": the singing individual employs here the Icarus' myth to sing of his (the individual's) quest for knowledge because said quest is reminiscent of Icarus', an audacious journey the perils of which failed to scare off the desiring seeker. This desire of knowledge in the individual is so strong, his devotion so tenacious, that not even the almost certainty of ulterior ruin, i.e. "the melting point of wax", keeps him from searching for it. The material used for the fabrication of the wings alludes to the fragility ever present in human nature, and, consequently, the reason why every enterprise of man with a scope too large can only end in tragic failure. Like wax, human endurance has a limit and wears off before the inscrutable mysteries of our existence which overwhelm us with their infinitely superior dimensions. Thus, Thrice offers us in this song an extraordinary yet sorrowful reflection on man and his constant quest for knowledge.
on May 1, 2004
this is the best cd in my collection. at first i thought it was all screaming and guitars but the more i listened, the more i loved it. the lyrics are genious! seriously, they could outwrite shakespeare or bob dylan or anyone those old people think are good writers. their lyrics are AMAZING. the songs are heavy and catchy. the riffs are diverse and awsome. and if you pay attention when you are listening, the drums will blow you up.
1. cold cash and colder hearts- 3/5 the song i like the least on the album, but starts it off well.
2. under a killing moon- 5/5 the first track i warmed up to. the riffs are awsome. the chorus is very catchy
3. all thats left- 6/5 the reason i bought the album. their most diverse track. it has a smoother feel to it. a classic
4. silhouette- 5/5 i love how at the end dustin screams "cut my throat/caus i know/that this life/is a lie" like the whole song was just an intro to that line.
5. stare at the sun- 4/5 their second single on this album. good lyrics and a good message, but gets a little boring compared to the rest of the album
6. paper tigers- 4/5 the hardest song. i love how he screams his head off but has eerie back up vocals on the chorus
7. hoods on peregrine- 4/5 great lyrics. it goes "you thing their selling you truth/truth is their selling you out" and then "you think theyre selling you truth/but theyre just selling you"
8. the melting point of wax- 5/5 one of my favorites. gets the best lyrics in the history of the world award. catchy, just like the rest of the album
9. blood clots and black holes- 5/5 hard and great. makes you want to sing out loud when you know you can't really sing. one line goes "to be at peace would to be at sin and surely unamerican" right on!
10. the artist in the ambulance- 5/5 smooth and amazing. nice riffs and an insanely catchy melody
11. the abolition of man- 5/5 "wake up everyone!" 'nuff said
12. don't tell and we wont ask- 4/5 kind of confusing but, again, great lyrics, riffs, melody, vocals, and awsome drums "your actions all are justified"
get this cd! it never leaves my cd player and i would give away the rest of my cds just to have this one! a masterpiece!
on December 9, 2008
I recently heard Thrice live opening for Rise Against. I was taken aback by the sheer power and talent of this group. During the live show, they have 2 keyboards onstage, each played by one of the guitarists--man what talent. That day, we did something we never do.. Buy the CD at the show. We purchased The Alchemy Index Vol III and IV. In the car home we were totally surprised that this CD was NOT the band we had just heard.

However--The Artist in the Ambulance does capture everything we heard live from this band. Thick rousing arguably metalcore (I hear metal sensibilities in some tracks like Paper Tiger) tracks with timing changes, softer interludes contrasted with screamo-like sections make this band extremely fun and interesting to listen to.

2 tracks to note, Silhouette, considered by many to be the best on the CD and Paper Tigers are my favorites. They showcase Thrice's harder style that I love most about this CD.

After purchasing all of their albums to find the band I loved live, I feel like this CD best represents their energy and talent.

If you like bands like Rise Against and other hardcore or metalcore bands I think you would love this album.
on August 10, 2016
Have loved this album ever since i was 19, so great to have a copy of it again and arrived in perfect condition. And 2 day shipping with prime, I can't complain!
on May 7, 2014
This is one of those albums that you can listen to straight through without having to skip tracks to find a good song in my opinion.
on February 24, 2012
I love Thrice. This album jumps the music writing in many many ways for them. In light of their future albums, this album is interesting in that they maintain a similar sound throughout the album, so you're either a huge fan, or you wish for more diversity. It's heavy, often in drop C, and aggressive. These songs are even better live. Thrice is one of the most underrated bands the world has ever known. You need to check their music out!
on March 1, 2017
amazing music...
on October 26, 2016
great product, good price and fast service
on November 20, 2016