Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on June 1, 2004
Albany is a wonderful artist, the book description is accurate, but doesn't tell you how good this guy really is. Not only does he demonstrate various techniques, his sketches and drawings are truly masterful and provide tremendous inspiration for where you can go as an artist or illustrator. This is another book I use for examples to provide my students and as a guide for myself in my own sketchbook journals.
on December 4, 2012
The artist primarily shows his sketches using 7B or 8B pencil, with watercolor washes. He gives examples of just about every subject matter, indoors and out, including landscapes, houses, industrial structures, animals, winter scenes, trees in every season, flower arrangements, and still lifes. He shows final paintings worked up from sketches, primarily in oil or acrylic. Some of the sketches are pastel on toned paper. His narrative is encouraging and instructive, without being preachy. This may not be the best book for an absolute beginner, as it does not show steps in the formation of any sketch, but he does show some alternate views of a given scene to show how point of view can change the picture. I have many books on drawing and watercolor painting and keeping a sketchbook, and this is one of the best.
on July 8, 2015
Strictly images of someone's sketching. If that is what you want to look at, great; it's filled with lovely sketches. I was looking for HOW to sketch tips and examples and was disappointed.
on April 22, 2015
The Artist's Sketchbook is easy to follow. I am enjoying it. I haven't had a lot of time to really get into it, but I like what I have seen.
on October 24, 2013
The further I got into the book the more I enjoyed it. It was not what I expected, but I'm glad to have it.
on May 16, 2014
Beautiful imagery and inspiration. I'm looking forward to trying out the suggested sketching techniques. My goal is to improve my drawing to improve my watercolor painting.