Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on March 3, 2014
I bought this for my daughter. She is or shall I say was not a cook.... She literally made all of my Grandson's baby food from scratch! This book has some of the most delightful recipes and instructions for safe food handling I have ever seen!!! She used it just like a bible! And in fact has shared it with other mothers she knows. It's wonderful on play dates to be the Mom with the zipper cooler with the "ice cubes" of fresh homemade fruits and veggies for your baby to eat... And far beyond the cost savings the nutritional value was WONDERFUL. Putting up enough food to keep your baby happy and fed for the month takes about a day... Just think about that One day of preparing foods and putting them up in your freezer so your child can have a healthier head start!!! A-Mazing!!!
on August 7, 2009
After looking through many baby food books on how to feed my toddler, I finally came upon Baby Food Bible. This is the best book I've found so far. The author balances nutritional information and recipes very well. The book is well organized and is easy to read. She touches on a lot of different topics and gives you a complete answer and understanding without going overboard in text.

The first part of the book discusses nutrition and is very informative. She even talks about some of today's hot topics such as obesity, allergies, gluten free diets, fatty acids, high fructuose corn syrup, how to set up a schedule, and what kinds of vitamins and minerals are important.

Then she moves on to an A to Z section of ingredients. Each food has a short summary, how to prepare it and how to store it. This is my favorite part. Sometimes I just want quick and fast instructions, such as for apples, beets, or papaya.

The end section is a recipe section that is separated into different meals. I've tried many of her recipes and they have all turned out great. The recipes are not overly complicated and only require the most basic ingredients. Most only have 5 or 6 ingredients and they taste delicious!
on February 8, 2010
From the lengthy product description, I thought this was going to be a great book about how to introduce healthy foods to my baby. I was so excited when I got the book, and then I read it. I was so disappointed. The book told me nothing that I did not already know. The author presented some good information about how to start out with healthy whole foods for your baby, but then quickly backtracks and says that if you can't do it, don't worry about it. The focus seemed to be on making the parent feel better about any choice they made rather than trying to inspire the parent to try different choices.

I gave my book away as soon as I was done reading it. I highly recommend "Naturally Healthy First Foods for Baby" which is a baby food cookbook with tons of excellent information about whole, organic foods that really inspired me to make a real effort for my baby's health and well-being.
on June 23, 2011
My wife and I were pretty clueless on how much to feed our baby, when to move onto more advanced foods, etc. We were constantly scouring the web for information and it was a bit frustrating encountering conflicting information from different sources. I guess I don't really have any reason to accept the contents of this book as being necessarily more accurate than what we found on the internet but because someone went through the trouble of publishing a book, it must be more authoritative, right?!? :)

Anyway, we like how various foods are listed alphabetically with guidelines on when it's ok to start feeding it, what the nutritional benefits of that particular food are, etc. Very easy to use as a quick reference guide without reading it cover to cover. Most importantly, we don't feel as clueless anymore.
on June 21, 2010
I am already quite an aware consumer and healthy whole foods eater myself. I wanted to learn how to prepare food for my infant as healthy as I eat myself. I felt like most of the book was preaching to the choir on why healthy matters for both you and your child, and there was not as much practical information as I was looking for on exactly how to do that. The information is in there, but it took a quite a bit of reading to find what I was looking for. If you're already convinced about healthy eating, you might want to move on to a book more focused on recipes and methods of preparation. I also noticed inconsistencies in the book particularly on when to introduce foods if you have a family history of allergies. The best part is a reference guide to which foods will and won't puree well.
on June 2, 2011
Take this for what you want, I haven't totally finished the book- but so far it is not what i had hoped for. I'm a first time mom transitioning her 6mth old from breastfeeding to solids. I was looking for a guide of what to do/what not to do- this doesn't really have that. I expected the book to have some simple lists- like 'foods that are big NO NOs during the first year' the author NEVER mentions to not give the baby honey during the first few years or strawberries. If I had known a bit more about this I would have gotten it at the library for free instead of purchasing it....

can you return books from kindle!?!?!
on November 6, 2015
After buying, reading, and not being very impressed with this book, I asked a friend for a recommendation for a better book. She pointed me toward The Wholesome Baby Food Guide, also available on Amazon, and it is much better - more helpful, clearer, and more and better recipes.
on April 15, 2015
Having to raise a toddler again long after my children were grown, this book was a great help. Valuable information, tips, feeding ideas, and recipes. It inspired me to try new foods and to give our grandson foods I wouldn't have thought to try. I highly recommended this book for anyone feeding infants and toddlers.
on August 2, 2010
I LOVE this book! It is short and to the point. It gives helpful suggestions and easy to follow recipes. I've tried several so far and have liked them. The best part of the book is the list of foods, how to buy them, and how to prepare them. I'm probably the pickiest eater on the planet and I'm determined not to let my daughter turn out the same. I do not eat the majority of foods listed in the book, so needless to say I don't know ANYTHING about buying/preparing them. I take this book with me to the grocery store and keep it on my kitchen table for quick reference.
on March 9, 2013
When it came to feeding my daughter her first solid foods I wanted to set her up on the right healthy path. The Baby Food Bible has given us the knowledge to feed her and us well. It has answers for all my questions about feeding: When to start what foods, what are superior foods for her, and it even has great recipes for all of us. I will be giving this book to all my expecting friends!