Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 728 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,077 reviews
on May 8, 2017
I recently found a season 1 & 2 box set for $10 each locally, so now i have to get the rest. Those 2 had a nice case with a little booklet with a synopsis of each episode the entire season, having 6 discs per season. These are 4 discs in a skimpy crappy chinese plastic box not worth a dime. The DVD's are plain blank that look like some pirated stuff. The name is imprinted in very tiny letters in the center otherwise we don't know what DVD or CD it is.

Packaging gripes aside, I love the series, I watched most of it originally but have forgotten most of what I watched back then so it seems new now. Lots of great actors and acting, writing and directing. Pretty authentic it seems and a little R-rated for it's time is not much now. They had to watch the language more than the nudity - David Caruso full body nude from the back? Yikes!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2015
I was an enormous fan of NYPD Blue when it first aired back in the 90's. So, of course I am not happy that the whole series cannot be purchased as a collector's edition box set. No matter, for now at least as it's on Amazon Prime. For now. They seem to have issues keeping content and the show is unavailable elsewhere. I now am getting the joy of rewatching with my 15 year old son who loves this show! And season 3 is where it's at it's peak. The combo of Dennis Franz and Jimmy Smits had the greatest on screen chemistry. And 20 years later through fresh eyes, my son agrees. He asked me how many Emmy awards each had won and I thought I was disappointed that Jimmy Smits never won. My son asked me if I knew why. I had to explain to him that E.R. was the darling of the critics and usually won most of the awards. He at first thought Anthony Edwards had to have been the winner, but when I told him George Clooney won over Smits he said, "How can the WORST Batman of all time beat out Jimmy Smits?" I just smiled and said that is why I refuse to watch award shows and that most of the time, television critics have their heads up.....Well, they're good acrobats. All of that Hollywood tofu and yoga. The point is, WATCH THIS SHOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE. You never know when Amazon will start charging Prime members to see another great show.
on April 2, 2015
In re-watching this 20-year-old series, I never realized how powerful it was. It seems to pack so much more of a "punch" today than as I used to watch each weekly episode. The show dealt with current issues like racism, street crime, and politics in a way that probably could not be done in today's PC world. The series has some of the best characters/actors and dialog of any police drama, maybe of any tv drama, and it has the awards and nominations to prove it. As far as I'm concerned, NYPD Blue is the best police drama ever, bar none. If you like this genre, watch NYPD Blue and see for yourself.
on November 6, 2015
From the first episode I enjoyed this series tremendously, The blending of the private lives with their everyday crime solving profession worked so well. Just about any police officer who spent their career in law enforcement can relate to many situations in their lives. Alcoholism, relationships, troublesome cases etc. The actors blended so well together at least as far Dennis Franz and David Caruso and then later Jimmy Smits. In later episodes he continued to be great but his supporting actors ran a little thin. I could not understand why Franz did not continue his career. As a matter of fact most of the actors on that series have stumbled in their careers. I guess they were the victims of type casting.
on February 20, 2015
This season of NYPD Blue is chock full of interesting themes: I like Patsy Ferrara, the ex prize fighter who taught Bobby Simone about birds. There's a very nice dynamic between Patsy and Bobby; there will be others. Another theme of Season three is Bobby working through being set up by his friend, Ray Di Salvo, lots of plot twists, to keep you on your feet. I also like Sgt. Martens, of IAB looking out for Bobby, telling him that "...everything's a situation...". For a member of the so-called Rat Squad, Martens is a pretty stand up guy. Another theme of this season is the dust up between Andy and a Community Organizer named Kwasi Olishula; over a Basketball game being held to honor a neighborhood kid who died in Police custody. Andy throws out the "N" word after he and Kwasi get into it. Plenty of sparks in these episodes.
on January 26, 2016
I am in love with the show. When it was on TV I barely watched but now it is my go to binge series. You can see how the program shaped how we view TV today because their is a lot of sexual content which I would not have wanted to watch with my then teenage son. The TV networks cleaned up their act somewhat and now the networks do more suggesting. I enjoy the guest stars and seeing them in the start of their acting careers. The show has a lot of racial tension ( which only demonstrates that not much has changed in 2016.) Over all, if you are looking for a binge worthy series this fits the bill.
on February 16, 2016
It is a good story, but kind of rough in places and most of the characters are not very likable since most of them are crooks and bad on the take cops, but looking over that it keeps my attention..
on February 29, 2016
NYPD Blue is one of the best, if not THE best police drama series of all time. The most compelling character of a police drama is Detective Andy Sipowitz. Great supporting cast with edge-of-your-seat story-lines. This police drama is way ahead of its time as it address all real-life challenges & battles police officers face everyday; danger & crime, racism, alcoholism, drug addiction, sex and senseless violence. Once you start watching, it's hard to wait for another episode.
on June 8, 2015
I started this season right after finishing Season 1 because it looked like Season 2 was available only by buying the dvd or individual episodes for sale each. But after 5 episodes I found the Season 2 series for Prime viewing. I've gone back to catch up but what I saw of Smits as the replacement for John Kelly only makes for a better show not less satisfaction. Now new story lines playing out with regular characters that keep you coming back for 'what's next' even as you enjoy the crime-solving business of the NYPD. Want to keep going for each season!
on October 10, 2016
These dvds came in a very timely manner and are packaged on two dual sided discs rather than the standard
4 disc package. They really went on the cheap for this season and one other.
These are very high quality recordings with great sound so my only complaint is the cheapness in the packaging.
I am very happy to find this season as it is rated the best of all NYPD Blue seasons.