Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(2 star). See all 69 reviews
on April 15, 2011
I have most if not all of Neil Diamond's CDs and have been to his shows many times but this latest CD I found very disappointing. I love his music and that is why I ordered this CD but to me it doesn't compare to any of his other recordings.
on March 6, 2012
As several other reviewers have noted here, these remastered versions differ from the '60s singles. The sound is nowhere near as bright. The remixes should jump out of your speakers, not just hang in the air. What's more, the versions of "Red, Red Wine", "Do It", "I'm A Believer" and "You Got To Me" are not the same hits that were originally released on 45. Also, where are the cuts "Shot Down" and "Crooked Street"? I once had the Bang 45s, and I still have the albums, so I know exactly what's different and what's missing.

The best-ever Neil Diamond compilation was the 2-record Double Gold, and that album should be reissued, on VINYL, and restored to its TRUE STEREO glory. Evidently, Neil Diamond has decreed that his early successes only be heard in mono when reissued. ¡¡¡No me gusta, señor!!! Mr. Diamond should be more considerate of his fans, and authorize the release of both stereo AND monaural mixes. When there's a market for both versions, why pit stereo and mono aficionados against each other?
on December 26, 2011
This was an incredible period for Neil Diamond. I bought this for myself as a Christmas present. The sound quality is just bad. I don't think the originals are this bad. I haven't listened to them in years.
Tap Root Manuscript was released just two years after he left Bang Records. The sound quality on that CD is fantastic. The acoustic guitars sounds great. Nothing sounds good on this album.