The Beach Vault
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- secure valuables, water resistant, blanket,pillow
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Lay down! Close your eyes! Take a nap and let the sun kiss your skin with a beautiful shade … oh wait you can’t. The moment you arrived at the beach your friends and family went off to play volleyball, go surfing or take that all relaxing walk down the beach. You’ve been waiting for this moment to relax, you just want to shut your eyes, pop in your headphones and drift away, but that’s not possible. Why? Well, you're currently guarding beach bags containing keys, wallets, cellphones, perhaps a kindle for reading or an Ipad. Well my friend, you don’t have to wait for someone to relieve you from your security post in order to begin relaxing. Let the beach vault do that for you!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before ordering the vault, I watched all the "how-to" videos, read a lot about it and I could not understand why this product was not a hit.
1) Received the vault several days later, inside of a regular box wrapped in a clear plastic bag. Nothing else inside.
2) The lid was so hard to turn it open that I had to hold it in between my legs and use both hands to do it. It also made a loud noise probably because there's a direct friction of the plastic on both sides and doesn't slide smoothly so it won't open quickly. Assuming that the lid was made that way to keep the seal tight, it was still very hard and I was a bit annoyed...
3) The towel and the pillow (that comes flat) were as described but it needs to be folded back the same way so fit back inside
4) Not a practical item to take on overseas trip - odd shape to fit in the luggage and is heavier than described
The shape and the videos, make you think that the vault goes in the sand easily like a screw in a piece of wood, right? WRONG.
5) Putting the hand inside of the vault to screw it in the sand doesn't work. Because first, it hurts the hand second, the sand starts spilling inside.
So we tried again but this time with the lid closed and using both hands to screw the vault down and in the sand. It did not work. The vault spills the sand to the sides and it is not able to go in just making a big sand mess around it.
The only way to use this is to dig a hole (which defeats the purpose of the vault) first and fill the space with sand.
After it was buried, we opened it a couple of times to get things out but as mentioned above, the lid is so hard and slow that by the time it's opened there's sand all over (the towel moves) and is not a secret anymore cause anyone standing close by can see (and hear) it. Also, using the towel is like marking where your belongings are to others and without it, it turns into a sandy mess. After that, we gave it another try but it was the same thing. Useless.
**NOTE** Even on their own videos, they only show the vault before and after and DO NOT SHOW the process of screwing the vault in the sand.**
Anyway, we resolved our frustration by getting small ziplock bags and burying valuables separated by usage frequency under our beach chairs, towels, bags, etc. It worked much better and was much cheaper too. I didn't even bring the vault back.
Perhaps the vault was for a specific type of sand and not made for fluffy/loose sand. If that's the case, it would have been good to know BEFORE I bought it.
CONCLUSION: SAVE YOUR MONEY. I wish I had.