Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 88 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 131 reviews
on December 9, 2013
Even though Elisa's story is so different from my own, her reminder that God uses the broken bits of our lives is such an important message. As a new mom, I can see how easy it is to think, if we read the Bible each night, go to church each Sunday, and pray before each meal, our daughter will be a perfect Christian. And, that's not true. We can model Christ's love for her and ask for wisdom and guidance as we parent, knowing that God uses our stories for his beauty.
on September 10, 2016
Absolutely love this book!
Elisa Morgan is so honestly refreshing. The beauty of broken is all about the broken Christian walk - something we all need to hear in this day and age. Our Christian walk will never be perfect and Elisa's story is all about finding the beauty and seeing God's hand through ever broken season. This book has definitely encouraged me! I often find myself feeling the need to control everything in my life (as Elisa often does), but "The Beauty of Broken" helped open my eyes to how beautiful it is when we let God have control.

Furthermore, I think everyone that reads this book will be able to relate to some portion of Elisa's story. Nothing is left out - parenthood, marriage, divorce, homosexuality, addiction. Great read for anyone feeling ashamed of their own brokenness or the brokenness of those around them.
on August 26, 2016
blessed my soul!!!!!! I feel the author shared her personal stories JUST TO HELP ME.
on December 23, 2013
Elisa Morgan's The Beauty of Broken is woven through with honesty, encouragement and hope. Using the power of story -- her life story and her family's story and yes, biblical illustrations -- Elisa Morgan reminds readers that we live in a world of brokenness. And then she offers us the hope that God meets us in our brokenness. He loves us in our brokenness. He uses us -- in our brokenness.
I so appreciated Elisa Morgan's choice to be real about who she is, how she struggled to accept and embrace her brokenness. And as I read The Beauty of Broken, it spoke to the broken parts of my life -- and encouraged me to look for God in them.
I won't be placing this book on my bookshelf -- no, I'll keep The Beauty of Broken beside my reading chair, a close-at-hand-reference when I need to be reminded that "brokenness doesn't disqualify us" from being used by God.
on August 12, 2014
If you are a Christian and have had struggles in your family, this is a must-read. It is so different from other well-intentioned books. In this book, the author, who is a well-known Christian leader, is honest and open about her family's real struggles--even when she and her husband followed the "formula" for having a Christian home and family. They deal with out-of -wedlock pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, rebellion, divorce, and a variety of other things. The title really sums up the main message--that we are all broken, and it is in surrendering to God that he can use even the darkest times in our lives to mold us and shape us into more compassionate, loving, faith-filled people.
on May 24, 2015
I absolutely loved this book. A friend of mine bought one for me when I was struggling with issues with my teen daughter. I was already familiar with Elisa Morgan from MOPS, but not with her personal story. This book really put a lot of things into perspective for me. It has changed the way I look at my situation and also how I look at others. I loved this book so much that I also bought one for my friend struggling with her teen daughter's choices as well. Obviously I would recommend this book to others since it helped me and I also bought one for a friend.
on July 3, 2016
Is your life or those you love, full of pain. It all seems so cruel and pointless at times, leaving us shattered and hopeless. But Elisa, through her own experiences of brokenness, shows us how God loves us in our brokenness and will use all of it for good. She is a delightful writer who is painfully honest with God and her readers. Every page of this book touched my heart, and I believe it will do the same for you.
on May 23, 2016
There was a lot of scripture in the bible in it. It was more like a religious book explaining how all family are broken in some way
on September 18, 2016
Raw, very real, transparency is refreshing, no more pretending that some of os are perfect. The beauty of the beast story is not a myth but the real story of most of us who have been broken and found a way to feel loved with a love we didn't know existed. A love that doesn't care at all about performance. A love that uses broken bits of us to create a beautiful work of art!
on January 30, 2014
Just when I think Elisa Morgan has shared all she can about being a woman loving God and serving Him and the Kingdom, she reveals another layer of truth about herself, revealing my life to me, too. From the first sentence in the book, I have hardly breathed in order to take it all in fast enough. In The Beauty of Broken, she is unashamedly transparent with her feelings and her thoughts. Her gut-level honesty is at times shocking, inviting us to follow her lead without fear. The wide variety of experiences in life she has stewarded in this writing are amazing. This offering from Elisa changed me today and promises future transformation as I trust God in my broken places. Thank you, Elisa!