Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 15, 2013
If you're looking for an in-depth, "serious" book loaded with facts that make your head spin about the 5:12 Fast diet, look elsewhere. But if you want a quick, light, bright, well-organized, at-a-glance overview of this diet, you really can't go wrong with the "5:2 Fast Diet for Beginners." To the uninformed, the 5:2 diet is a weekly regimen of eating regular for 5 days, and fasting for 2 days on a sparse 500-600 calorie each day.

It can be read in less than an hour and gives you everything you need for a running start. If this quick-start approach appeals to you, this book blows the two dozen other "5:2" books on Amazon off the shelf. Its flexible, easy-to-follow format is a no-brainer for almost anyone's lifestyle and it's filled with dazzlingly delectable recipes for both the 5 and 2-day diet intervals.
33 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 13, 2016
This diet is great. I don't like to call it a diet but a better way of eating. I've lost 25 lbs in 4 months and it has been really rewarding. I like the recipes which provide a good variety of options and I don't feel like I have to deprive myself of all of the different food groups. I also like that I don't have to count calories or write down my food; all I have to do is cook the food, eat and watch the pounds melt away. The first few weeks I dropped pounds without exercising but to get the full benefit, I added 30 minute HIIT workouts on the five days of regular eating. I haven't been consistently been doing the weight training but I have 10 lbs to go and I think the weight will help. I highly recommend this diet because I got results but I also found something that I can follow long-term.
on April 23, 2014
ok, I get it. two days a week 500-600 calories. I'm not going to slam this book, but be forewarned, any book about fasting that is over 30 pages long is going to have recipes.......a lot of recipes. soooooo, if you like reading recipes, this book is for you.

I started the 8 hour fasting plan and dropped weight pretty quickly. about 8 lbs in first, but stalled there, due to baaaad eating habits. rewarding yourself for starving yourself will cause this diet to fail you. so, you are going to have to manage your food intake no matter what. junk food and excessive portion sizes will cause failure in this plan. so, forget about the " you can eat normal" phrase until you understand that normal means getting rid of junk food and managing calories for either maintaining weight or losing weight...no magic bullet folks. at least not for me. I am still working my way through this dieting concept and have to redefine normal diet. I think the key is to hit proteins as your primary calories, especially on the reduced calorie days.

I do think this method will ultimately be the key to weight loss, but it is not without changes in bad habits and dedication. at least that is my perception.. I am on board. educate yourself as you navigate this program and dont give up. I am not. I hope to gain the resolve to do the 6 day water diet.....in time... good luck.
0Comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 24, 2013
Upon hearing "The 5:2 Fast Diet for Beginners," my first thought was this would be another "fad diet" on how to quickly lose weight; however, I had misinterpreted "fast". Rather, the book explains the diet consists of eating five days of proper calories (per your body type) and two days of lessening your caloric intake versus a complete abstinence from food. And, in Chapter 2, we learn that the fasting days do not even have to be consecutive.

The book itself is essentially two parts: 1)why this diet is good and different from others and 2)a month's worth of flexible recipes for snacks and meals for both your fasting and non-fasting days.

Clarity, well-organized writing, and a glossary make this a pretty simple diet book to understand (unlike those laced with medical jargon). I just would have liked to see some of the citations of the scientific studies mentioned, the non-fasting meals' calorie counts included, and approximate prep/cook times given.

That being said, it is an intriguing idea presented fairly directly, thereby making this book a good read for someone interested in a unique diet option.
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 27, 2014
Although the weight loss I wanted to achieve has been small it has been a real delight to find something that does not take a great deal of effort to undertake. The recipes are tasty and flexible. The process is simple and effective.
For me it has become a new way of living. One significant point was that my outlook to food changed and I altered my view on the good fuel I needed to function well - and the food is delicious and satisfying. It is so simple and achievable.
on May 17, 2013
This book is a short quick guide how to simplify your diet with 5 days of a balanced diet and 2 days of restricted eating with caloric frame. I really like the realistic approach of the diet, though it'd be more an occasional cleanse for me. It was very easy to understand and straight to the point, which I appreciate with my limited time. It's either a complete single-experience fasting cleansing guide or a great jumping off point for lifestyle change. I loved the simple recipes for my on-the-go lifestyle. I thought that there were overall a good amount of recipes to get you started. I can't wait to try the Portabello Mushroom "hamburger" recipe! I really like how the carb and protein in recipes were evenly matched to ensure best health in processing. The book gives 1-month example to get you going, with straightforward dos and don'ts. Great way to break a cycle of processed and sugary eating habits!
on June 7, 2014
If you have a general understanding of the good, the bad, and the ugly with food and need a change-out with your diet...this will give you the boost you need. If you're an in depth knowledge seeker... Have to over-evaluate everything...this will only be a teaser. But if you're a "get to the point" individual, this gets to the point quickly. More importantly ....IT WORKS!
on August 22, 2013
The concept of intermittent fasting is fairly simple. It is a pattern of eating that alternates between periods of eating normally and fasting. "The 5:2 Fast Diet for Beginners" will allow you to eat normally for five days (this consists of a healthy diet within your caloric guidelines) and then two days of fasting (on these fasting days the dieter is allowed a restricted 500 calories a day for women and 600 calories a day for men). The advantage to this is that there is never a total "fast" at all, so one should never be deprived or at risk for some of the physical inconveniences that comes along with a total fast.
This is an extremely simple and direct plan to lose the weight that you have been trying to lose and ride the upside of the success as you go. There are literally hundreds of delicious and healthy recipes detailed in the book, most of which are 250 calories or less for fasting days. The non-fasting days does not allow the dieter a "free for all" for gluttony, but encourages eating a wide variety of fruit and vegetables, proteins, nuts & seeds, healthy oils and limited amounts of sugars.
The 5:2 Fast Diet Book - a must have, is packed with a busload of tips, science and recipes that will make your weight loss journey easier and help you join the revolution to lose weight, boost your brain and transform your body. Unlike many other diets, the 5:2 Diet is welcomed as long term alternative to traditional eating, to encourage weigh stability and overall better health. The premise of the book is not to make readers believe that the diet is a quick fix in order to look thin, but rather an entire lifestyle change to grow with throughout the years.
Granted, this diet is an excellent resource for those who are considered healthy and would like to lose some excess weight, it is not advised for women who are pregnant or nursing, those with type-2 diabetes or those under 18 years of age. This book is a must have if you are attempting to reach your weight loss goals!
on June 29, 2014
Disappointing. Not many interesting recipes, and didn't even mention Dr. Michael Mosely, whose original search for a way to deter his insipient diabetes, and create beneficial blood characteristics, led to the start of this way of dieting. The weight loss was a side effect to his original intentions.
on June 1, 2016
I was not sure about buying this book at first. However, when I received I could not put it down. The way it is written makes it so easy to follow. Anybody can use this book. I would highly recommend this book to anybody.