Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 1, 2017
Gave to my cousin who's having baby number 2. She's reading it to her daughter and it's a wonderful story and helping prepare her for a new baby brother
on March 25, 2016
Bought for my three year old son who is going to be a big brother. The book doesn't really explain a lot about being a big brother, and it doesn't touch on any kind of changes when the baby gets home but my son loves the Berenstain bears so he liked it! Not an educational type of book to help them prepare but works to get them ready to share with a new baby & hopefully get excited.
on December 4, 2016
My daughter loves the Berenstein Bear books. This one was no exception with the arrival of a new sibling.
on March 12, 2017
We're expecting baby number two and are preparing our son with this book. He loves the bears and the story.
on February 15, 2016
This was a childhood favourite of mine. I don't know how this book would affect other children, but my daughter loves it. I read it to her at 18 mo and she is now 3. We read it in preparation for her sibling's arrival. She wasn't scared by the suddeness of the pregnancy or birth, by the loss of the bed, or by the punch in the nose. We talked about all of that. She moved out of her crib and connected with brother bear because of that. I think the book is more about confidence as life changes rather than specifically about new babies.
on May 27, 2016
Who does not love the Berenstain Bears???? I remember reading these books as a child and always enjoyed the stories and pictures.

I love this book in particular because it has a very sweet way of communicating the negative aspects of becoming an older sibling in a positive way. I look forward to giving this book as a gift to my stepson in anticipation of his little sister's arrival this June.

He is six and will really enjoy reading this book by himself and with us!
on May 11, 2017
Great bedtime book to introduce the new arrival of a baby sister. My 2.5 year old boy loves it at bedtime and it helps in introducing his baby sister due in a few months.
on November 10, 2009
This book has been around at least 35 years. That's when I first bought it to introduce the concept of a new baby to my almost-two-year-old son. He loved the book, and he in turn loved his new baby sister from the moment he first held her. (He was the first one to hold her -- sitting in the rocking chair -- when she and Mommy came home from the hospital.) Our copy is long gone, so I bought a copy recently to give to my wife's daughter, who is pregnant with her second child.

The book did the trick in our family, and I have every expectation it will do the trick in hers.

"The trick"? Introduce a new baby and eliminate any and all first-born jealousies or bad feelings toward the new little "intruder." Get the first-born involved with age-appropriate caring for the little one, and build a sense of pride in the newborn.

The book is a delightful story, which my almost-two-year-old loved hearing over and over again, even (maybe even more) after his little sister left "Mommy's tummy" and was home to stay. Thirty-five years later, my son and daughter are still "best friends." Do I give ALL the credit to the book? 'Course not. But that's where it all started.
on March 15, 2015
I love the Berenstain Bears, but was a little disappointed in this book. We bought this book (along with many others) to help our two year old understand that he was going to be a big brother. Though it is a cute little story, it was lacking a bit for our purposes.

I like how it focuses on the big brother getting to be a "big boy" (with a new bed), but dislike how brother and Dad are so disconnected from Mom and baby. Basically, Mom just shows up with baby one day -- Dad and brother are not at all involved in the transition. Other than that, it is a cute read.
on September 16, 2013
This is sweet and I love the Berenstein Bears, so I was really hoping for a little more to the plot as I have a 4 year old son who is about to have a new sister. The problem with this book is that Brother and Papa leave the house one day to cut down a tree and make a new big boy bed for Brother. When Brother wants to know what will happen to his little bed, he and Papa arrive home to find a new baby in his old bed.

Ta-da!! Mama apparently gave birth at home, alone, in the space of an afternoon while Papa and Brother were in the woods all afternoon...

Not quite what I was hoping for, but still sweet all the same.