Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on January 9, 2017
Excellent read
on January 8, 2012
When I first received the Bernini Quest, I decided to read just a few pages of the book to get a feel for it and then save the rest to read after the busy Holiday season. The next thing I knew, it was 1 am, and I was promising myself I would read "only a few more pages" before reluctantly turning off the light. This fascinating page-turner so captivated me that I would spend the daytime thinking about the characters and the nights reading way past midnight. I am not very interested in art, Rome, or the activities of the Vatican, but the mystery, intrigue, adventure, and hint of romance in the Bernini Quest hooked me. Author Ann Port excels in doing what few authors can do--she gives you an education without your even realizing it. I learned so much about art, Bernini, and the language, sights, and food of Rome, and I had fun doing it. Her characters were well developed and were in my thoughts well after the book was over. Port has replaced Mary Higgins Clark as my favorite mystery writer and I hope I do not have to wait too long for her next book.
on January 23, 2012
In this fast paced modern day adventure a woman TV journalist's assignment takes her to Rome to report on an important art exhibit. In a few days she becomes aware of a sinister plot to disrupt the hierachy of the Vatican.

In the midst of this conspiracy the reader is treated to a tour of Rome to view the sculptures and work of Bernini. From the author's comprehensive descriptive passages, it was simple to visualize the genius of Bernini and understand the beauty of his sculptures and his contribution to the treasures of Rome.

With a great deal of nail biting intrigue, the mystery is eventually solved with a dash of humor and romance.
on February 19, 2012
This is a beautifully written tale of intrigue with wonderful depictions of Rome, the Vatican, Bernini's art, and Italian food. The details on the life style and workings of the modern media people add to the ambiance. It all makes for most enjoyable and relaxing reading.