Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 2, 2010
Radiohead had a concert in Santa Barbara in 2008 that is available as a download from All Songs Considered site and it would have been a dream if the contents of that concert were the songs in this CD's but it's not the case. It is still worth having this as a radiohead fan. "Anyone Can Play Guitar", "Fake Plastic Trees", and especially live "True Love Waits"(favorite track)should be enough to make up for the fun with the concert. The thing is no one stopping anyone from having both so enjoy Radiohead as I always will.
3 people found this helpful
on August 19, 2008
Excuse me my hereticism of view , but after listening to this 2 cds back to back for 2 days on good cosmic mind organic self i could be convince that this is the reencarnation of Pink Floyd . The overall music mind set is just that , incredible music for our times , from early Chicago , to King Crimson ( horns and all ) , with some Young Marble Giants in the way , the Smiths and the Buzzcocks ... Anyway , buy it , steal it , borrow it , estimulate yourself with good soul cosmic music ... Inmerse in the times we live , insane and tragic and lovely fearful and who could really care for me if not myself ...
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 27, 2016
Exceptionally good work by these folks
on September 23, 2008
I am frequently a late comer to what is hip and cool. I had listened to Radiohead early on (Kid A, the Bends, Pablo Honey) but just didn't get it. In a twisted way I returned to Radiohead after my new found appreciation of groups like Coldplay, Muse, Keane, and the like. This Best of CD may not be all their best music but it is extensive and awesome. I couldn't stop listening to disc one with many of the familiar tunes but eventually found may way into disc two which is just as excellent in its own right. Songs like Let Down and Planet Telex really hold their own, even if they may not be their better known material.

Listening to Radiohead is a unique experience, and the critics were right about this group early on. I remember hearing an interview with Tony Banks from Genesis (one of my musical heroes), and he was asked who he liked in the modern musical scene. His first reply was Radiohead. I tucked that away in the recesses of my cerebrum until I finally "got it" about Radiohead. I can best describe them as a mixture of U2 and Beck. There is clearly the musical talent and the VOICE of Bellamy but there is also a distinctive push into a new style/genre of rock music that sets Radiohead apart.

If you haven't quite gotten into Radiohead, I highly recommend this collection. It has opened my ears to a group that has changed the direction of much of what we here today.
3 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2014
But - Not All the Best of...but a pleasing assortment of Radiohead.
on June 3, 2009
This is great road music on my long commute. All the hits are here, without any skippable moments.
on December 6, 2014
An excellent band. Music unlike anyone else.
on June 8, 2013
Everyone in our family loves it. Even my husband who generally doesn't like rock much. Can't get tired of it.
on June 11, 2008
Music's fine - can't really quibble with the song selection. But where's the deluxe packaging promised in the advertising blurb? And the "essay/liner notes" are a load of pompous, posturing drivel that provide minimal insight on the band or its music - an opportunity wasted.
on August 1, 2016
Excellent starter discs for an intro to Radiohead.
2 people found this helpful