Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 652 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 699 reviews
on April 26, 2017
I hope the movie is better than the packaging I received. Since I got disk 1,3,3,4 of the four disk set, completely void of disk 2, which includes all of the old testament past Exodus, I am a bit at a loss to review further. I loved this 10 hour epic when it came out in English, and was hoping for a great showing of it in Spanish while down in Peru at a Christian mission. Now I have to wait till I come again later in the year. Frustrating.
on March 1, 2015
All very nice but a bit wildly inaccurate. They make up things .that don't exist which makes it really unwatchable.
Watched the first episode and can't bear to watch anymore having bought the whole lot by mistakel.
There is a lot more to the Bible than is obvious by reading it in an ordinary english translation Some of this film makes a mockery of any translation.
I know film makers always change books when they make a film but its a bit dangerous trying this trick with the Bible.
I hope the rest of the film is much better but I can't bear to watch it. Hopefully it inspires where what I watched depressed.
on July 2, 2013
I found this episode (the only one I've seen so far) to be very well produced, and it kept my interest. I am an avid Bible reader, and so I know the stories well. This portrayal, especially of Abraham, was rather different than I had imagined, but that made it all the more interesting. The casting and acting are good, and overall it was refreshingly sincere -- obviously told from a believer's point of view. My only complaints are that they didn't use the actual language of the Bible, and that they took some liberties with the facts. But it's worth your time.
on April 30, 2013
Before watching The Bible series, you should know the goals of the producers. Fortunately, they state their goals and offer their disclaimers right at the beginning. This film intends to tell the big stories in a dramatic way that captures the spirit of the Bible. They don't aim to tell every story, nor do they aim to keep perfect technical accuracy. Accepting those decisions is an important part of enjoying this series. They also provide a very important disclaimer about violence, which I would strongly encourage viewers to take seriously.

I enjoy watching The Bible knowing what it sets out to accomplish. Though I appreciate the producers' honest description and disclaimers, I do only give it four stars because of the level of violence. Even properly disclaimed, the level of graphic violence in The Bible makes it less ideal for dinnertime watching with children. I accept that the Bible (the book, not the series) chronicles much violence, which makes presenting its stories without extensive graphic violence a challenge. I respect the producers' approach in avoiding sugar coating the violence told throughout the Bible. But I would like it more, as would my children, if it were a tad less graphic.

Aside from that complaint, I've truly enjoyed the series. Their selection of which stories to tell in detail is excellent, and their artistic license strikes me as reasonable in support of the stories themselves.
on August 10, 2016
While it would be extremely difficult to capture on film the humanity and divinity of Jesus Christ, this work appears to follow closely the Gospel of John. The actors portraying Jesus Christ and His disciples were quite convincing and unforgettable.
on May 26, 2017
Poorest series...inaccuracies abound, somewhat boring. Unimpressed and, I was so excited to finally be able to watch it. Just read the book...
on May 18, 2013
I liked that the film series was produced in the first place! It brought awareness to the Bible on a massive level. Overall I enjoyed the series. Some bible stories were brought out that are not well known, other very significant stories were omitted entirely. I don't like the changes to biblical fact they made to fit the film..... and this happened a lot. There's no need to make up a Hollywood version of the Bible, its pretty interesting as it's written. But then again if it made people search scripture to see for themselves how it really happened, then it served a purpose. I thought most some of the casting was correct. It was comical to hear British accents from biblical characters. And even "Jesus" was not authentic in his "look". He did however play a good role.
on September 20, 2017
Well done. My first Order disappeared from my video library but Amazon downloaded it again for me.
on June 28, 2013
The series was good but I thought it could have been a bit more accurate, being a Bible teacher my self; I feel if your going to bring the bible into living motion you should tell it exactly as the oldest translated script has it written, the inaccuracy I'm speaking of is that after the apostles received the Holy ghost at first; they began to baptize the people in the name of Jesus Christ exactly as the Bible says, Then! All of a sudden Peter switched up! And started baptizing people in the (titles) of the father" Son" and Holy ghost" in stead of the (Name) of the father" Son" and Holy Ghost, which is JESUS CHRIST like he did at first. in the Bible he was the one who said DO IT! In ACTS 2: 38 then Peter said unto them REPENT and be Baptized every one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ" and that's what they did throughout the whole Bible never once did they use titles they always Baptized in his Name! because he's all three.
on March 27, 2017
Great series without a doubt a must-have for any collection. How can anyone be knowledgeable about the history of civilization without familiarity of the important stories of the Bible? I found myself with a much better insight of how many traditions and beliefs of modern society originated and a great motivator for further research.