Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on February 19, 2016
By far the most over-hyped garbage I've ever bought. I don't need a list of outsourcing vendors in the US, nor do I need a list of possible jobs to outsource, or a list of jobs which are 'outsourcing-proof'.

I was expecting a book with sound, solid advice on how to manage outsourcing teams, partners and managers but instead I've bought pages of mindless drivel and sidebars talking about U.S state specific laws and companies, hardly relevant in a global economy.

If you are an American looking for a book where roughly half of the content is absolute waste and the other half is filled with non-informative filler words everywhere go ahead and waste your money on this. Everyone else should avoid it. You can find better advice on craigslist.
on June 2, 2014
I was completely new to this area and found the book informative and well laid out. Perhaps not for the experienced outsourcer, but an extremely valuable resource for someone who has not worked in this field for many years. It certainly covered all areas and aspects that might not have immediately occurred to me to factor in.

Just pone note ... I purchased a used copy, and the data referenced was prior to 2002. Had I thought this through I would certainly ensure I purchased the most recent publication.
on February 16, 2012
This book does not offer any significant value to anyone seriously considering the detailed aspects of outsourcing. Was extremely dissapointed in the acaademic approach to SLAs and contractual issues instead of real tangible insights into these areas. Can find better resources in free options. Will not advance your ability to execute this type of model. Not a book I would recommend.
on January 2, 2014
Nice to read it. I expected more from the book, but the information posted there was useful and it confirmed to me what I already knew :).
on February 9, 2015
Nice read
on August 29, 2008
This book was written by two outsourcing consultants. While it has some useful information, the sales pitch (hire a consultant, hire a consultant, hire a consultant) is too much. The authors should have hired an editor. I bought their book. I would not hire them as consultants.
on July 26, 2009
Bought this based on Amazon reviews. This book is a terrible collection of filler with no real information of any kind. Junk.
on July 27, 2014
Haven't found it useful. I bought it thinking that I would learn something out of it. But didn't get any value add to my knowledge about outsourcing.