Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 510 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 846 reviews
on November 5, 2016
These are great educational videos, and wonderful to add to your Planet Earth and Life collections of nature DVD's! David Attenborough is the best narrator as well.
on October 12, 2015
Amazing! There is nothing I did not like! First of all, you can't go wrong with David Attenborough! Second, each and every episode was fascinating! I learned something every minute! The best episodes were "Coral Seas" and "The Deep". I love learning about the ocean, and this is by far the best documentary about it! I first watched it on Netflix, and then I was hooked! I went out and bought Planet Earth, and every other BBC documentary that I could afford! Buy it and you won't regret!
on April 26, 2017
The info/content of the Seas of Life is GREAT! My wife loves it...but the quality of the picture is lacking. Putting a low quality product on a bluray disc does not make it bluray quality. We can really see the difference...when you watch the previews on this bluray, the quality is AWESOME...then the Seas of Life program begins and I would say you lose at 20% of the clarity or more. BUT...if you look (as of 15 April 2014), the Bluray set is CHEAPER than the DVD set by about $9 so I would still opt for the bluray set.
on July 1, 2017
It's an amazing series like all BBC documentary movies narrated by D. Attenborough, but only if you order BluRay. I ordered regular DVD and the quality was horrible so I ended up trashing it and reordering BluRay.
on December 30, 2016
This was a gift but you can't go wrong with Sir David Attenborough's films.
on June 16, 2017
If you love the Earth, and you want to see and understand its oceans, then you must see this DVD set. What has been captured on video here is breath taking. You will walk away with a new perspective on the Earth and the order of nature. David Attenborough is the icing on the cake with his wonderful narration.
on April 30, 2013
There is a sound issue with the pitch on this blu ray and potentially a bad batch that was released. David Attenborough sounds super high pitched to the point where the sound is literally cutting out for a milasecond all throughout the program. I found this problem to be evident on all discs and returned my copy. The picture quality is also severely lacking as was mentioned by many others. This should have been given the proper treatment it deserved or if that was "impossible" just leave it as a DVD release. We are all spoiled by the great super high definition BBC releases and this sadly falls waaaaaaay short of the epic Planet Earth, Frozen Planet, Life, or the newly released Africa.
on September 11, 2017
Good content, but the image quality is not like a Blue Ray, looks more like a VHS old casette.
on March 28, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed watching this series but I have only one issue. I had an old series but it did not have subtitles. I repurchased this item because it mentioned the extra dvd and SUBTITLES. I have yet to find the subtitles. Therefore, a little disappointing because I don't want to miss one word in the dialogue and having a hearing challenge, I often do. Otherwise, this is such an exceptional production that I never tire of watching it. Thank you BBC.
on May 27, 2011
I love this documentary, and I was thrilled to find it on blu-ray. I'm sad to report, however, the blu-ray copy is THE WORST blu-ray I have ever seen. Some of it barely reaches worn VHS tape quality while the best (I saw because I simply couldn't watch more of it) was poor DVD quality. The packaging looked cheap, and I honestly wonder if it was a bootleg version/copy.

Thankfully, Amazon allowed me to return it. I love (and own) all of the BBC documentaries, and sadly this one will not be part of my collection.