Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on October 30, 2016
I remember watching this show as a little girl when my parents would watch the Saturday night line up of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Bob afterward and so forth..All good stuff I remember as a kid. When I grew up, thanks to TV land and Nick at Night I got to see all of these shows and they are incredibly great writing and so funny..The casting is perfect. I can't think of better people for each part all the way to Mr Carlin and his horrible attitude towards life..Bob is hilarious because he seems so calm all the time.. Emily seems like the perfect wife always wearing such stylish clothing and making Bob dinner w/of course Howard always included because Howard is unable to do anything for himself even though he seems to have a decent career and makes good money, yet he really relies on Bob and Emily for virtually everything.. I enjoy this show. I love it because it truly is funny. The writers from the Mary Tyler Moore show and Bob Newhart I think may have switched off here and there..They were both incredibly well written and still holds humor up to today 2016..I can't believe this show was in the 1970's. It just seems like yesterday.I love the first part of the show when Bob is walking all over Chicago and it shows the great shots of the beautiful architecture and buildings all around. A place that I have to go back to again. Plus it leads up to their lovely apartment overlooking a beach, I think it's Foster Beach and the apartment was decorated better when they had the blue couch and love seat set and the one I think is most attractive.It looks like a real grown ups aparment whereas apartments shown now a days have a lot of various things that make things look as if there are too many things in the apartments or homes or much too little and doesn't look like what I would say is a definite grown up apartment ..I say this because I remember in an episode in Sex and The City and Carrie was at her friends apartment late at night and when she was narrating the part when they entered the apartment, she stated "Their apartment looked like a grown up apartment and I often wondered when I would have the same look for myself or would I always have that apartment that looked like a 16 year old lived there." Something to that degree.and their, Bob and Emily's apartment is a grown up's apartment. ..I think it's done tastefully.The furniture to this day doesn't look so outdated like some other shows where you can immediately see that it's definitely another era and this has such good taste that it actually would look decent today... I love this show.. They had a complete 2 day weekend marathon that they ran and played every season i believe.. I remember when I was getting home for the day it was still playing from the time I had turned it on earlier that morning on a weekend.. That was fun and it brought back great memories of my childhood .. the childhood of a kid born in 1973... So funny and almost seems like yesterday..This show really is a classic comedy and Bob makes it work incredibly well..
on November 23, 2014
For me, the show's originality was of course fading but the creativity was also suffering. Bob's character was still strong and so were most of the patients (especially Carlin). But overall, the ideas were just not strong enough for believable compelling episodes any more. Really hit and miss with Season 3, with about only 1 in 3 having the old charm and strength of the previous 2 seasons. Howard, who used to be lovable in a kindly endearing was had transformed into a bumbling rather annoying idiot. Bob's sister's presence didn't really add much to the show in way of humor or, well......anything else either. Still enjoyable. Susan Plechette's presence is reason enough to watch, as she's not only gorgeous but extremely talented as well. A visibly strong presence. A woman of strength and character. If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't have ordered this season. Or waited until I could have found it a bit cheaper.
on May 24, 2017
OMG SEASON 3 WILL PUT YOU IN TEARS ,IT IS SO FUNNY, A MUST HAVE ,GOING FOR SEASON 4 NEXT!!!!!!
on August 2, 2012
I just ordered (and received) Season 4 of The Bob Newhart Show. After watching seasons 1, 2 and 3, I'm now remembering what a great comedy series this is! Every character in this series is such a funny person within themselves, and everyone together just makes the series so very enjoyable. I used to watch this series years ago when it ran originally but so many years have passed that it now feels like I'm watching a new series all over again! And my daughter is watching it with me (obviously first time for her) and enjoys it, too, so you can see it's not just a generational type of show but can be enjoyed by all. Bob Newhart has that dry, almost serious comedy funniness about him - you've got to love him as well as this show. I highly recommend it to those who may have seen this show when it originally ran, who want to relive the fun of this comedy series again like I am, and those younger who've never seen or heard of it. You will truly laugh out loud having fun watching this show!
on March 11, 2016
I have enjoyed this show tremendously, but not happy about Amazon mixing up the episode order. Both season 1 and 2 have episodes out of order and it revealed things that didn't make sense. I know its a first world problem, but still.
on March 16, 2017
Love it!!
on November 2, 2014
I have just received (yesterday) THE BOB NEWHART SHOW. I should note that I live in Venezuela, and the receipt of the goods takes a little longer, but yesterday I saw one episode of the third season,and I laughed a lot. It had excellent picture quality and sound. It was in Spanish as well as English, and subtitles in both languages. Great. I can improve my English reading the subtitles in English. Everything is excellent.. You're outstanding. Thank you very much.
on January 3, 2018
Great show
on August 10, 2016
If you liked Seinfeld and never saw the original Bob Newhart show then what are you waiting for?? I can't believe it's not showing somewhere on cable with all the other crap they're re-running...
on December 27, 2013
Classic Newhart. I have seen the first three seasons but Amazon does not have Seasons 4 and 5 available for instant video yet. I would like to purchase some or all episodes from them. Overall, the show is funny. Some episodes moreso than others. I love Suzanne Pleshette as Emily Hartley.