Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Body Image Workbook: An Eight-Step Program for Learning to Like Your Looks
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on June 6, 2013
This is a workbook... not a book to read and put aside.
As a woman raised in our image conscious society i had many 'bad feelings' about my body.
I can very truthfully say that after doing the exercises in the book i feel better about my appearance than i ever have.
It puts a lot of things we think and fear into perspective.
I still look the same, i just feel so much less apologetic and more confident about my appearance.
Invest the time in doing the exercises, i think you too will see a great change in your attitude.
on March 29, 2009
I strongly recommend this workbook for anybody struggling with an eating disorder, especially good for working with in therapy.
on April 21, 2012
I suffered from anorexia years ago and have been able to overcome it. What lingered around was a so so nagging body image. This booked helped me to feel completly comfortable with my body, thank you to the author!
But, the effect doesn't stay forever. you need to "keep working" with yourself and i find myself needing to look at it every once in a while to keep my body image positive.
on November 15, 2013
I work as a dietitian at an eating disorder treatment center and use this workbook in sessions. Amazing book and an easy read. My residents have all praised about it!
on February 7, 2016
While I am only halfway finished with the eight week program, I can already see a difference in how I view myself. This workbook is filled with examples, helpful worksheets, and activities to review body image history and begin to change the way you speak to yourself and view yourself. I have been using it in conjunction with a therapist and dietician (eating disorder recovery) and it works great to process my thoughts about the activities out loud.
on April 22, 2010
This workbook is excellent and provides practical tips and coping strategies for a wide range of people with body image concerns. Optimally used when working with a therapist - but does provide a lot of self-help activities that can be useful for the motivated individual. Body image concerns are so common and prevalent in our society. Dr. Cash has truly done an outstanding job here finding ways to connect with and help those suffering from appearance-related difficulties.
on December 26, 2012
I liked the book it was thorough but you really need to practice what's in it to make it work. Pair it with a therapist and you will see some benefits!
on August 4, 2015
Got this workbook to work with a client on body image. It appears to give structure to the process which I find helpful. It is also clear about the limitations of addressing body image in clients with eating disorders.
on January 2, 2016
At my clinic, we currently use this book to structure and inform out body image group. The book offers simple exercises and narrative to facilitate critical thinking and new ideas about one's body. There is no other body image workbook as thorough and accessible out there
on February 18, 2015
I bought that book for a friend of mine who has BDD. So, that's why I haven't read it but I went through the chapters and it seam to be very good !!! Now, I am waiting for her to tell me if it helped or not. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Guylaine