Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 24, 2017
Great little book. I teach women's history at a small community college. This is one of my textbooks. My students love it. They relate to many of the issues that women in the past and present had to deal with regarding their ideas about the female body. It's a quick easy read that examines the most personal details of womanhood. Topics include changing concepts of body image, physical beauty standards, menstruation, sexuality, and many other topics. Great book for moms and teenage daughters to share. Filled with anecdotal stories that help bring the history to life.
on October 11, 2016
Great quality of book. Very historical with small personal stories here and there. I would've liked more personal stories, though- the history part got a bit boring at times.
on October 6, 2016
Interesting read for a research project i'm doing. Arrived in great condition.
on November 14, 2013
Easy read, very interesting and entertaining. I would recommend to anyone, it was fun talking to my daughter about what I read.
on August 21, 2003
This book compares girls from the Victorian period through today on issues of menstruation, dating/sex, and puberty. Adolescence is a hard time now, and was a hard time then. This book includes tons of information about how things were and were viewed in the past (for example, pimples were viewed as a sign of impurity or pre-marital sexual relations). This book is a quick, easy, and fun read. I've recommended it to my Psychology of Women students.
on December 21, 2009
Very interesting history of how girls used to be raised compared to more recent times. However it seemed written from a more slightly liberal/feminist view that I expected.
on November 1, 2010
This book also was delivered in a short amount of time. Faster than I had expected. Good condition, just like new.
on January 25, 2014
This was my first Kindle purchase and went well. I needed this book for a college class and I needed it that minute because I forgot to order it with my textbooks. I read the book with my Asus tablet with the Kindle app; worked great.
on February 19, 2013
Book arrived exactly when promised, in great shape. No funny smells, no writing or damage. Great way to get books for college!
on December 26, 2012
Ths book was boring to me. Too much history, not enough of current way of the western culture. It is really dating itself. I wasn't too interested, I never finished it.