Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 332 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 566 reviews
on February 2, 2017
The Bone Collector is an excellent film that gets rated lower than it should for one reason. Those who have read the book tear it apart because it is not exactly like the book and I don't think that is fair. I loved the movie when it came out and I loved it again today, many years after the first watch. Angelina Jolie was in her prime and she uses a convincing New York accent, although she does seem to pause at odd moments, like she's figuring out what to do next. Denzel Washington is perfect as the handicapped crime fighter, who assists the cops in solving some of the more complicated crimes from his home, complete with some digital assistance, though rudimentary by today's standards. Queen Latifah very competently plays Denzel's home-care assistant, although this role is a departure from the book and seems to be a big sticking point according to the literary crowd. If you are interested in crime stories, or have an interest in New York history, it's an "A" movie for certain and holds up to today's standards for the most part. My only complaint was how some of the outdoor daylight scenes appeared to be shot on the wrong type of film, or blue-matte filtered way too much and too dark, but The Bone Collector easily remains on my Top 100 list.
With two fine actors like Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie, you'd expect big things from a movie, and they did deliver the goods in a fast-paced, suspenseful thriller. And of course, Ms. Jolie is always a feast for the eyes.

Washington plays Lincoln Rhyme, a disabled quadriplegic who can only control one finger. A former detective with the New York Police Department, Rhyme has written several books on criminology, and he now assists the police in solving crimes, despite his being bedridden in his apartment. In The Bone Collector, he sees forensic talent in Angelina Jolie, who plays Amelia Donaghy, a cop who's forced by circumstances to investigate a murder. The serial murderer leaves clues that point to his next kill, but can Rhyme, Donaghy, and their team put the clues together in time, or would they always be too late on the scene?

An excellent supporting cast included Queen Latifah as Nurse Thelma, who takes care of Rhyme; Luis Guzmán as Detective Eddie Ortiz, who's on Rhyme and Donaghy's team; and Michael Rooker as Captain Howard Cheney, a real egotist who hates Rhyme and wants the credit for solving the case himself.

The murders are gruesome, but credit the director for not being overly graphic. A quick hint: the murderer is glimpsed briefly in an early scene, but that's all I'll say, and you'll never guess who it is anyway.
on January 5, 2017
I freaking loved the book. When I watched the commercial for this, I figured it would deviate a little. Nooo. It deviated a lot. There's a lot of "small changes" from the book to the movie that ended up making the biggest changes in how the movie came across. IE: The fact that Rhymes' caretaker was a women in the movie or the the fact that Amelia's dad killed himself instead of dying otherwise as he did the book. And I'm still trying to figure out why the last name changes happened. Or even why the victims genders were swapped and their outcomes not what they had been. Seriously? Why? It felt unnecessary.
As a thriller, I can understand why people might like it. But compared to the source material I find it lacking and ultimately it wasn't for me (besides the fact that I don't generally gravitate towards this sort of movie). But feel free to watch. All because I didn't care for this book to movie adaptation doesn't mean you won't.
on April 11, 2017
Oh how I wish they would do an Alex Cross Series.. This is amazing. I have only read a couple of the books but I guess I will read more. Hope there are MORE!!!!! Amazon I challenge to do the series. PLEASE
on April 3, 2017
Really good movie, I have watched it more than once. Every so often will watch it when in the mood for a crime drama
on May 30, 2017
Movie script and directing did not highlight the actors' potential
OK but not super
on August 8, 2014
Two really good movies together makes a good popcorn night. I've been wanting "Sea of Love" and "The Bone Collector" for awhile, I watch them every time they come on...I never get tired of them.
on July 11, 2015
Quick story recap: A rash of murders breaks out and it's up to forensics team (Denzel and Jolie) to find the murderer.

Much like the movie Seven, this one features a race to stop a mass murderer. I love Denzel's work, he and Angelina Jolie work well together too.

This is the same crime mystery movie with different actors and a different name. I still enjoyed it though.
on April 26, 2017
Great movie but poor quality. Thank you for the refund!!
on April 3, 2015
I found myself easily distracted from this movie. It was ok, but does not stand out as a classic at all. Denzel is excellent in any movie but this film relies way too much on the music to create an emotional bond between the audience and the film's characters and I'm immune to that sort of thing. Young Angelina is also great, but the best part of the entire movie is the final fight scene which was pretty clever but not worth sitting through the entire movie for. Watch the fight scene clip on youtube if you can and skip this movie.