Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 25, 2016
This is the Bible written as a story; it is well written as a story. Easy read. Interesting. Holds your attention and you learn as you go. I'd highly recommend it. I am an English teacher; I teach AP Literature; it is a helpful read for AP Literature students or anyone interested in reading both the Hebrew (Old Testament) Bible and Christian Bible (New Testament). I bought an extra copy as a gift. This is a keeper.
on April 16, 2017
I would recommend this book to everyone. Although it is fiction, I have a better understanding of what the early Ecclesia (the Greek word that was translated (CHURCH) because there was no English word for (ECCLESIA) meaning CHRIST CALLED OUT) went through. I am redeemed through Jesus's Blood, nothing more. I am a joint heir with Jesus ever since I first believed in Him. Thank you, God for sacrificing your only son for the entire world. Thank you, Jesus for being the ultimate sacrificial lamb, bringing peace between man and God.
on December 6, 2017
Great book by Wangerin - this was a replacement to my personal library of a paperback copy that I read years ago and gave away to a friend. The product was advertised as "like new" (or some description that I interpreted as such) and in actuality WAS new. There was a tiny scuff on one corner of the back cover; not an issue to me since I will read the book and probably scuff it up a bit carrying it around.
on September 25, 2017
Who knew all this was happening in the old testament! When I read the old testament, I didn't get the clarity that comes from truly seeing and understanding the details. In novel form is is a page turner, this is the second time I have read it.
I recommend this book to anyone, of any or no faith, greatest story ever told!
Truly nothing new under the sun!
on January 25, 2013
This book is really good! I read it in 2 days... could not put it down! Being a devout Christian, there are several stories like the crusifiction that make me cry everytime I re read them but this desciption and story of it at the end of this book will truly make your heart bleed for Jesus.

The author did a fastastic job of bringing the whole book together and it keeps your attention. I rarely recommend books but this one is so good that I have passed it along to a Christian sister to read.

I do highly recommend this book to my brothers and sisters in Christ!
on February 9, 2014
Mr Wangerin has succeeded in bringing the Old Testament of the Bible to life. It has always been difficult for me and many others that I know to really read and enjoy some of this part of the Bible. This book reads like a novel. The old prophets and kings become living beings and make everything so much easier to understand and appreciate. Now when I am discussing this part of the Bible I can take part in the conversation with so much more clarity and understanding. This book is well worth reading. It's informative in an enjoyable form.
on October 21, 2017
What a great way to read about the Bible. As a novel, it was great reading, although it doesn’t replace reading and studying the Bible by any stretch. It just gives you another look at the events that happened and was easy reading.
on December 9, 2017
great, but the reader is a little over the top....sounds like he is reading to a child at all times, I am an adult and would like to be read to like an adult. I did not know he would be reading like he was reading to children.
on December 26, 2017
Gift for husband. He liked it and looks forward to reading it.
on December 28, 2017
If you want to read the Bible a any other story. This is the book!