Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

The Book of Mormon
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 25, 2016
I first read the Book of Mormon over 50 years ago, by me it's clearer on theology that the actual gospels. Joseph Smith if any one else is, is the foremost American to have claimed prophecy. It's not an easy read but a worthwhile investigation. The Book of Mormon has always been in my library since childhood, although not a Mormon, but well read in LDS teachings and assertions I liked this version of the book as it is not to big to carry on buses and subways and easy to read. The BOM at least is a great American saga. By me the jury is still out on Jos. Smith and the BOM, but I think that Jos. Smith did not write the BOM. Read it and you decide. It the American religious question.
14 people found this helpful
on April 4, 2018
Great to see what it was like to read without verses or cross references.
One person found this helpful
on April 3, 2018
I have loved the Book of Mormon for almost 52 years ..
One person found this helpful
on December 30, 2017
With that out of the way... I am a fan of All people who are Christian. People who stand up for Jesus Christ and God-The Father.

My favorite part of the book is what was going on I n America just before the birth of the Savior of all living and the dead.

I wish more had the faith of those in the book who were about to be slaughtered for simply believing.

I know the book says nothing of Mormons... the Mormon church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). However, it's founder--Joseph Smith, Jr. once said something like.... I will die for a Catholic, a Lutheran, Presbyterian and any other who believe in God and His Son AS MUCH AS I WOULD A MORMON.

Being "mormon" is only one path to return to our loving Father in Heaven.

It is quickly getting to a point on this planet where you are a believer in goodness or one who favors wickedness/darkness.

The Holy Bible says there we, as a world, will get to the point that you are either one of two things..
A WHEAT. OR. A TARE.

As for this book AND THE BIBLE I know they BOTH are true and over time we will discover the God spoke to mankind all over the world. Just like he speaks to many today. God is in the process of gathering His believers &Satan his. So why do organized religions bicker that believe in God? I am tired of it. Satan loves it. Meanwhile, our Heavenly Father must be disappointed.

Having gone to Catholic schools for 4years and attended a Lutheran school as well &being a Mormon--I just wish we would band together as brothers and sisters in Christ. And BE UNITED when he comes. The world is continually dividing us... when we should be united and putting on the whole armour of God in anticipation of His second coming.

Yeshua, is coming. We all know it by how hard the Advesary is working to make evil be accepted as good. And good be seen as evil.

May God in Heaven. bless you until that great day shall come. Let us be believing &have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and in God the Father--for it is this faith that removes fear.

With the utmost sincerity,
Your brother in Christ.
Paul D. Otto (Named after Paul the apostle in the New Testament)
8 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 2, 2018
Best book I’ve ever read. This in tandem with the Bible has brought me more peace, comfort, direction, and closeness with God than anything else I’ve ever read.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 11, 2018
It's a terrific un-altered version with a captivating introduction.
on March 19, 2018
I love it!
on February 18, 2017
I did read this & didn't understand all of it. But, it did give me a greater understanding of the Morman religion which is what I wanted.
6 people found this helpful
on May 5, 2018
I really had no expations, was just interested in their take on relegon
on February 13, 2018
I love it. I get Alexa to read it to me each day.