Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on September 24, 2012
Let me start off by saying the book has very interesting information. However, the publishing part of it was very poor. There are grammatical errors, typos, missing spaces, etc. I am not sure if I got a preliminary version or what but it is just awful.

The book does miss a key idea on the bunting chapter. It does not differentiate between sac bunts and bunts for base hits. Some of the information is a little redundant. I recommend "Baseball Between the Numbers" if you want to keep reading about interesting baseball stats.

Also, the information on this book is a little outdated. It would be interesting to see "The Book 2" or something with more recent numbers
on March 3, 2016
Even for a baseball stat nerd like me, I thought this book was pretty overwhelming past a certain point. Definitely one I will read again with a pen and notepad by my side.
on March 11, 2012
Insights on things that are often debated, but usually considered from emotion instead of the facts are plentiful. Learning things like the optimum batting order (which is different from what virtually every MLB manager does) was intriguing. However, don't buy it for Kindle. You'll want to refer to charts and highlights later, especially when watching a game. While bookmarking and highlighting is do-able on Kindle, it's cumbersome. I love my Kindle, but would rather have a printed copy next to my chair for quick reference.
on June 16, 2016
Dated. A lot not relevant
on September 4, 2015
It's a tough read ... and I'm even a stat geek!