Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,292 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,344 reviews
on June 8, 2016
This is one roller coaster ride as you go along with Jason Bourne on his journey of self discovery. Robert Ludlum builds-up the drama and scenes very beautifully. Though some of the situations could be put up a bit differently so as to appeal to a wider spectrum of sensibilities. The locations are also an integral part of the story. I would definitely recommend everybody to read this book.
on March 9, 2017
The book is so much more involved in developing the plot than the movie. Ludlam is a master at developing characters. This is the first book of the series I've read, but seen all the movies. I'll be downloading all the books now. You're on a back and forth roller coaster whether Bourne is a good guy or a bad guy. The name Bourne is so appropriate and ironic as the story develops.
on May 27, 2017
This novel is fantastic but *nothing* like the film. I hate spoilers so you'll just have to read it for yourself. This book is full of international intrique with dark and brooding assassins and spies, millions of dollars moving from one place to another, fake passports and all the rest, primarily set in Europe. No one knows from one minute to the next what's happening or where to turn. Terrific read!
on August 16, 2015
Incredibly well written. This book takes you on a detailed and fast-paced adventure through a 1980's Europe. It is important to note that the book follows a completely different storyline than the movie, but as with most adaptations the book proves to be far superior. Although I am a huge fan of the movie, I have to say the storyline of book is a much more connected and well thought out plot. I would recommend this to someone who is not dissuaded by different book-to-film plots and can still appreciate a twist on what they may already know.
on December 15, 2016
I read this in high school 20 years ago and loved it. The movie adaptation was decent, but I enjoy the original story much more.

Plenty of intrigue, oodles of well-written action. Even though it's dated (phone booths?!?) it's still a great read.
on January 11, 2016
I have seen the movie Bourne Identity. Admittedly it has been a while but I did enjoy it. I hesitated reading the book. Sometimes the differences will drive you crazy. I have even found myself arguing with the book.
This book has very little in common with the movie. It is a fast paced action book. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. Holding your breath biting your nails.

It
I very definitely recommend this book. While the movie was good nothing beats the book.
on June 6, 2017
I've been a Ludlum fan since I first read this book in my late teens. And then devoured every Ludlum book I could find. After so many years, re-reading it doesn't disappoint! Great plot, gripping suspense, characters you want to root for. Still a fan!
on December 19, 2016
Yep, this is the classic book that Matt Damon's Jason Bourne film franchise is loosely based on.
This series is a must read if you like spy stories. I read all 3 in the original trilogy back in the '80's & just re-read this book again. - Funny how far technology has progressed.
Believe it or not, back in the day, the primitive technology described in this book was cutting edge technology!
Love the books, love the film franchise.. But they are different from one another.
on June 26, 2016
Most exciting book I ever read. And I have been reading for forty years!
review image
on May 5, 2017
Great movie for Bourne fans. Not quite so much run/jump/hide/chase/hide again and repeat. I find this one of his best with a good ending. If you like Bourne, you will like this one.