Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Breakfast Taco Book
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on September 2, 2011
I became hooked on breakfast tacos when I was an undergrad in New Mexico back in the 90s. After graduating I moved to the Deep South and there wasn't a breakfast taco to be found anywhere. Now, still living in a breakfast-taco barren land, I am loving Hilah Johnson for introducing The Breakfast Taco Book. It reconnects me with the glorious breakfast tacos of my past. The salsa recipes are all spot-on and the Pico is, in a word, amazing! (Thank you for including the lime juice, which is suspiciously left out of many pico de gallo recipes!) The recipe for migas has become a permanent fixture on my fridge. I haven't tried making the chorizo yet but I plan to soon. This book is like having an invisible breakfast taco food truck parked in my house. Thanks Hilah!
on September 2, 2011
This is a seriously great book about the world's tastiest item: breakfast tacos! It also gives you a cool peak into Austin's food culture. Check it out!
on October 28, 2011
If you don't live in a part of the country where Breakfast Tacos (*not* Breakfast Burritos!) are the norm, you need to get your hands on this book. Hilah is funny and a great cook--this book is a steal.
on August 4, 2012
I like tacos, and can cook a lot of southwest style, thanks to almost 50 years married to an Arizona girl. But after the novelty wore off, I found that I rarely want them early in the day. So here's what I think, by topic.
* How to cook a taco: good for someone who is starting, okay on flour vs. corn, seemed to favor hard over soft. Nice competent presentation if you need it. Did not really address in depth sizes and ways to fold. A little burrito tech is useful if you cook for people who aren't experienced at eating tacos.
* Things to put in a breakfast taco: good, useful to a degree, in a few cases "odd" rather than "inspired."
* Length: okay if you view it as introductory material.
* Discussion of spicing: elementary, not enough on what spices, particularly HOT spices, do what, go with what, leave an aftertaste when used with eggs, etc. Balancing the spices is the art, this was at the fast food level of subtlety, not the art of making simple ingredients exciting through careful spicing.

It's an introduction, follow the steps and you will make decent food at a very modest price in most cases.
on December 28, 2012
Being from Texas, I know my way around a breakfast taco pretty well. I was hoping for some interesting recipes or some new knowledge, but unfortunately it didn't deliver. Maybe I'm just already an expert and didn't know it!
on September 2, 2011
I've been a fan of Hilah's from the beginning. She dishes up some of the coolest cooking advice that you will ever get, all the while keeping us amused with her antics and salty sailor talk. If you are a fan of breakfast tacos, and who isn't?, you should check out her book! If you've never had a breakfast taco, you truly do not know what you're missing, and should get a copy of her book! If you have an extra 99 cents, and some extra time, get a copy of her book!
on December 14, 2012
This book has recipes you will want to try. And each has a link to a video of the author preparing the item. I've tried many of her recipes and all have turned out good. But more importantly the book will get you to her web site and blog and you will want to stay connected. Hilah is a lot of fun to watch and she will help you feel more confident in the kitchen. And you will want more of her books and recipes.
on December 4, 2012
I am ging to say something: those giving low reviews probably haven't seen Hilah's show and don't get her style. Their loss. Is it a regular cookbook? Nope. Is it fun to read? Yes. Go get inspired, have a fun breakfast (or dinner like my family). I read the book on my computer so clicking through to the related videos is a breeze - and which I might add DO include actual recipes.
Burp. Tasty. Easy.
review image
on February 15, 2012
This Breakfast Taco book is one great find.
When I saw the recipe for the flour tortillas, I knew this was gonna be good. In this high-quality little cookbook, we're shown how to create the perfect breakfast taco. Whether we choose to start with baking our own flour tortillas or to use some prepared products, the author has given us everything we need to create some tummy-pleasing breakfast tacos.
The writing is very easy-going and the pictures are nice. Now if I can just get my fried potatoes to brown up/crisp up as purty as they are in the picture, I'll be one happy gal.
on August 1, 2012
I picked this book up, gratis, the last time it was offered and I gotta say, I'm glad I did. It's gritty and perhaps a bit irreverent and that's probably why I liked it. This is 69 pages of fun narration and simple, concise recipes which will have you smilin' as you whip up "the most important meal of the day". So head on down to your local Super Mercado and pick up some flour tortillas, break out grandmas' cast iron skillet and give one of these recipes a go.