BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 2, 2017
A lot of contents are not appropriate for kids. For example, the content Joshua is too violent, and there are a lot of other examples. I don't know why the author chose those content to show to kids. Absolutely not recommend to any kids.
on August 18, 2017
This product is just great and hilarious on its own. Makes a great gift and arrived ahead of schedule!
on June 13, 2017
Ditch this and buy the Action Bible. I don't even want to give my copy away - I'll throw it away. My son has been reading the Brick Bible after it was gifted to us by a friend. I wish I had read through it first. I genuinely feel like the creator of it went through scripture and found the most shocking parts to include, not at all trying to convey the heart of the Bible. The creator's introduction says "I have been inspired to do this for one reason: people should really know what's in the bible. For a book that so many of us consider our ultimate moral guide and the very word of God, it can be shocking to consider how few people ever actually read it." There is no way that the creator made this with the desire to convey God's word to kids. As I flipped through, it showed weird accounts and focused on the most shocking aspect of them to portray in the pictures (sons of God laying with daughters of men, Noah getting drunk, lots of images of men getting circumcised, Sodom and Gomorrah, weird depictions of childbirth, Lot's daughters getting pregnant... on and on it goes). I get it - the Old Testament has gruesome stuff in it - it wouldn't be rated PG, but good grief, this book was terribly handled. The Action Bible tells the Bible accounts with beautiful (sometimes scary) images without being vulgar. We won't have it anymore.
on May 23, 2017
This book is a lot of fun! It reminds me of my OT class in college (a Baptist university), where we studied what the books really say rather than the heavily-censored versions of the Bible that most people hear in Sunday School.

I like how he makes the characters using different ways of putting blocks together instead of only using the figures. There are so many specific Lego pieces in the book (or "brick" pieces, since the book doesn't specify Lego), I wonder how much this book cost to make! The book is full of fun laughs as you see the result of illustrating stories using only Lego – ahem, "brick" – toys. Reading this book is like playing with kids, watching how they use the limited resources of their toy box to play out a story. I really laughed at the part where he used a SpongeBob fish character's head for Molech!

Smith's choice of which books to include seems to be based on the Tanakh. He includes all of the Torah books and the Nevi'im books, and then he skips to the end and puts in Chronicles.

Here's how much space each book gets:
Genesis 69 pages
Judges 35 pages
Samuel 64 pages
Kings 16 pages
Chronicles 6 pages

The copyright page says the book is based on multiple versions of the OT in English and Hebrew, but the final book choice seems to be Tanakh-based. A more accurate title would be "The Brick Torah and Nevi'im, with Chronicles," but calling it the Old Testament reaches a larger audience (I'm not critizicing that, just saying that's the impression I get). Jews might still read something called OT because they know they have a lot of the same content, but most non-Jews wouldn't know what the Torah and Nevi'im are, so those names wouldn't work well for advertising this book.

With so many books left out, we're missing popular stories like Ruth, Job, Esther, and the fiery furnace. Maybe he leaves out Jonah and Daniel because he has kids' books about them, but he includes the stories of the flood, Moses, and Goliath even though he has kids' books about them (on the other hand, I don't know the original publication dates, so maybe the kids' books came after the OT book). Also not included is my current favorite OT book, Ezekiel. It would have been interesting to see how he illustrates the Psalms and Proverbs, but they're not in here. I was looking forward to seeing in Smith's rendition of the Jezebel story, but even though Kings is included, the Jezebel story isn't.

I know he couldn't put in everything from the OT because it's just too big. I can't give him fewer stars on the basis of leaving me wanting more! What's there is great, but I'd like to see a part 2 book with the left-out parts.
on May 4, 2017
Tks great
on April 28, 2017
Awesome!!!!
on April 3, 2017
The binding on this book is horrible. As soon as I opened the book, the back cover broke off of the glue and separated itself from the book.Three openings later the front cover came off which separated the cover from the book completely. Each time a page is turned I can hear the glue cracking and breaking away. This book is wonderfully illlustrated, like a comic, with great pictures (though I don't like how the stories are re-told. Many lose their true rich meaning in his interpretation of the story). BUT the binding is so horrible that its not worth purchasing.
on February 5, 2017
Yah weh came off as a bitter god with little compassion or understanding of the failings of the common man, further the Jews were very bloodthirsty as portrayed in this writing.
on January 2, 2017
GRANDSON LOVED THIS BOOK. HE WAS INTO LEGO'S AND ALSO INTO HIS FAITH.
on December 30, 2016
We're choosing NOT to indoctrinate our child into a particular religion. Instead, we're choosing to offer balanced, scholarly education about each of the major religions. The Brick Bible is an excellent introduction to the Bible, for parents who don't want to only offer the sanitized, "kind," and "good," portions of the Bible that most Christians use to indoctrinate. This version, taken wholly from the Christian Bible, combined with Smith's amazing Lego scenes, make quite clear the absurdity of the original stories. Yes, there are the original references to circumcision, pain in pregnancy, hints at inbreeding, dinosaurs living happily with humans on the ark, etc. Smith's scenes often include Lego blood that would naturally result from killing animals and humans for sacrifices, following through when God orders genocide, etc. For me, this is an excellent companion piece to the Bible, either of which can be pulled out at any time to prove how crazy all this is.