Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on August 1, 2017
This entire series has been fantastic up to this point; however, this last book felt forced, as though it were written by an advertisement agency. The characters you know and love, those who you've journeyed with throughout time, have all but vanished in what feels like an attempt to sell a visit to Disney World. Barry and Pearson even rewrite history to force a perception that the Peter Pan ride was first built in Florida (it opened in Los Angeles). Over 50% of the book is dedicated to three new, flat characters before we even get a passing glimpse at Peter or Hook and even then they play a secondary role to our ad agency lackies. But that's not the worst of it.

I don't know if this is purely a Kindle version problem, or if these mistakes made it into the print version, but this book is completely riddled with spelling errors, typos, and worst of all formatting mistakes. Over and over there are sections where dialog goes back and forth between characters within the same paragraph making it so that you have no idea who is talking at any given time. If I were Barry or Pearson, I'd hang my head in shame any time someone associated me with this hack job.
VINE VOICEon August 10, 2012
First let me say that my son (age 7) and I have been nearly obsessed with the Starcatcher series since his first grade teacher last year introduced his class to the first book. We read that together, then each book in turn - we have read a chapter or more most nights for months! We capped off our experience in June by going to New York to see Peter and the Starcatcher - which was also a great experience. So, this review is written by someone who is truly a fan of the series.

This book IS different from the other books in the series. The main difference, of course, is the setting - modern day United States and Great Britain as opposed to Victorian London and a sea filled with sailing ships. The characters you know and love are not present at first, instead we are introduced to a couple teen agers who are the main characters. The story is linear - there is not as much "switching of scenes" as there is in other books in the series.

The story is interesting and does progress along lines which, though predictable, are entertaining enough. Of course, the whole series requires a huge suspension of disbelief - but it is a bit more jarring, however, to suspend disbelief in the modern world setting of this book compared to earlier books in the series. The ending of the book does make it quite clear that when written they expected it to kick off perhaps even a new series - and I hope that is the case!

Overall, a good read well worth the time especially for fans of the series.
on August 11, 2015
What I liked about The Bridge to Never Land:
A trip to London
The kids runaway from home
Mystery
A road trip
Independence
A fairy tale comes to life
Peter Pan
Great audio
They go to Starbucks
They have use an iPad
They eat junk food while on the run.
Audio book is the only way to experience this book. The narrator does a wonderful job.
I like how the relationship of the brother and sister is dynamic. It is a fast moving book. There is action.
What I didn't like is that the authors left the option open for another book. It does not look like they will add to the series.
I want to listen to this book again.
I recommend this book to anyone interested in a story that brings fairy tales and modern day together into a well written mystery book.
on September 11, 2011
I thought this book was a clever way to bring the Starcatcher books into the real world. Sara and Aidan are modern day teenagers who discover that the books they thought were fiction are actually recordings of past events. This book is a lot alike and a lot different than the previous four. It shares many of the same elements as the other books (starstuff, Ombra, flying) but also reads differently then the last four with the point of view staying mostly with Sara and Aidan.
This book starts out as a mystery, turns into a ghost story, then a chase scene, then a mystery again, an adventure story, and ends with a little bit of everything mixed together. I loved it. Although the chase scene does get a little long, the ending is worth it.
There were several parts that had me laughing for several minutes (the flying van for example) and many parts that got my heart pumping.
Overall this book is an awsome extension of the Starcatcher series with some new twists and turns, and I hope another one will soon follow after.
on December 24, 2015
This was a good addition to the Starcatchers Series. As usual, the authors do extremely well at bringing you into the story, as well as working real life into it.
on March 22, 2017
DD loves the series.
on May 31, 2016
I read these with my eight-year-old cousin. He found the Peter and the Starcatcher's Series engaging, and I must admit so did I. This one was sub-par compared to the others. A real let down, honestly. My cousin asked if I "actually spent money on this" and told me I'd "been jipped". I must say, I agreed.
on April 28, 2014
This series was very enjoyable, sharing the read with our youngest child. Some of the language is occasionally on the strong side for young ears, but nothing they won't be saying when you're not around...
on July 19, 2013
This was a really good book and it really just sucked you in! It felt like you where right there with them and I would recommend it to all who love long books that you
will want to keep reading. I would also recommend it to fantasy lovers who's lives revolve around the real world. You should also check their other books that are in the Peter and the star catchers series if you haven't read those yet because those are great if not better! I really hope you enjoyed the book and PLEASE keep reading :)
on October 28, 2014
Bridge too never land continues the star catcher series. T magical tale of peter pan and tinker bell. Adventure and the good guys win, a thoroughly satisfying read.