Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on July 25, 2011
As a frequent library patron, I initially borrowed this book from my local library. I loved it so much that I felt I needed to own a copy of my own. Jack Kornfield introduced me to Buddhism several years ago and I now own several of his books. This book includes excerpts from books, sometimes only a page or less, authored by current, respected teachers of Buddhism. As a reader of books on Buddhism, most of their names were familiar to me but not all. I view these cited books and their authors as Kornfield's best-of-the-best list. In the future, with this book in hand, I feel that Jack Kornfield will be my own personal guide to future Buddhist reading.
on March 20, 2012
I have purchased several copies of this book and after putting it on my bookshelf people have noticed it and asked to borrow it. I have yet to receive a lent copy back. My friends enjoy the book so much that they just pay me for the book and ask me to order a new one for myself. I currently have another copy on order and I will not lend it out.

As Usual, Jack Kornfield has brought the essence of the Buddha's teachings to life, clearly and passionately sharing the wisdom of Buddhist teachings. I have purchased many of Kornfields books and this one in my opinion, is by far the best. If you are looking for kind, compassionate and wise advice for difficult times, times of spiritual crises or a new way to approach lifes challenges, this book is for you.
on December 20, 2010
I savor this book, and it sits near the meditation cushion in my home. This is my current daily reader. What I enjoy about the book is the wide breadth of buddhist teachers whose wisdom appear in the pages of this book. There are few people more qualified than Jack Kornfield to edit a book like this. Due to a hectic life in this modern world, and living a 90 minute drive from Spirit Rock, I am limited in the amount of face to face time I get with live buddhist teachers. This book does me the service of bringing to my very living room wise teachers from all corners of the globe sharing some of the best of what the dharma has to offer.
on November 30, 2013
We use it weekly in my meditation group. Someone who feels like it, picks up the book, and opens to one of the many wonderful excerpts written by Buddhist teachers and other spiritual teachers/poets/mystics, etc., s/he reads the page, then we might re-read, & discuss the implications (of any) with out meditation/mindfulness practices since the week before. We love this little wise book, & many of us have bought our own copies to have at home on our night tables, so we can read & appreciate the wisdom found within. So often, what I open the book to,randomly seems to be exactly what I should be thinking about/paying attention to, so this book's a gift, & well worth the investment for anyone on the path to more wisdom, clarity & mindfulness.
on September 17, 2017
I have encountered this book at one of the yoga classes i was in.
I think it is a must book. You can read it from start to end. From end to start or just open a random chapter and dive into it.
on February 8, 2015
I am so happy I purchased this book. I have read and listened to many of Jack Kornfield's books and lectures. He is a great teacher and always includes plenty of humor when getting his points across. As is mentioned in many of the other reviews, this is a book of quotes. I use it as a way to focus on one inspiring message every day.
on February 24, 2014
I like that each entry is short and meaningful. I'm reading a page every morning in the quiet and I've found it to be comforting and thought provoking. I may not totally connect with every passage, but it still gives me the opportunity to quiet my mind and ponder. Though I am not currently practicing meditation, this book is giving me daily inspiration to seek the silence within myself where I can achieve the light.
on July 29, 2011
Great compilation of contemporary and timeless wisdom. My copy is well marked already with yellow post-it tabs and folded page corners - so many favorite quotes. I teach meditation, mindfulness classes and lead a women's mindfulness circle. We have read this book in 2 of our weekly forums, 45 pages each week. It is rich with gems of wisdom and insight. Meaningful and relevant. I often will read a short passage as a prelude to a meditation sitting or reflective gathering. It's a great gift for anyone who considers themselves 'spiritual but not religious' - got a copy for my mother (in her late 70's) for her birthday!
on June 8, 2016
a book of other modern author's book quotes. similar to the art of forgiveness loving kindness and peace. not my favorite Jack Kornfield book.
on June 10, 2012
This is a wonderful daily meditation book; though it can be read in entirety, its best usage is to read selected paged, then journal and think about the ideas. It travels with me so i have a connection point to things that are most important every day.