Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on March 2, 2014
What is there not to love about Mahmoud Darwish, who heals us readers with his poetry, even through translation.

This copy has the Arabic on one side and the English translation on the other.
on August 26, 2013
I just love Mahmoud Darwish. This is such a great help to people trying to learn Arabic and is such a great compilation of Darwish's incredible poetry. Great buy, worth every penny!
on August 22, 2016
Great book! Love it.
on November 29, 2007
Fady Joudah has done a stunning translation to Darwish's fine work. It's just beautiful. I'm reading the book over and over since I purchased it, and Darwish's work is just amazing especially in his long poem "a state of siege."

I advice you to read this book if you're interested in poetry in general, because Darwish is a world poet and he represents humans everywhere.
on December 9, 2014
Nice book, it will help me improve my Arabic hopefully... I just wished the letters were bigger.. but I should have known they are small from the preview.. :) can't wait to read the poems
on July 16, 2015
Mahmoud Darwish will forever remain a legend. I purchased this incredible book a couple of months ago. Here I am again, purchasing another one because it's too good. I want to give it to someone who would appreciate it as much as I do. The pieces are a masterpiece and the more you read, the more you realize that "wow", and that's when it hits you right in the face. MD, a genius.