Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,280 reviews
on July 3, 2013
I got to the end of the movie, and I said, "What? It's already done?!"

I'm not a Halle Berry fan, and living in a world gone mad I'm not a fan of real-life suspense-drama-horror movies. I thought after the first two minutes, I would click pause and never click play again. That was not the case.

The heroine was a tortured heroine, the victim would not be victimized, the crazy man was believably crazy, the hot hunk policeman can strip for me any time. I never want to be a 911 operator, my home phone must ring at multiple extensions throughout the house, someone please give Morris Chestnut my number, I'm going to have all my children watch this movie, if anyone accidentally backs up on me in a deserted shopping mall parking lot I'm going to take off screaming, I just started my new book "50 Ways to Escape The Trunk of a Late Model Maroon Camry," and someone please give Morris Chestnut my number.

The rollercoaster ride did not disappoint. The build-up was slow and methodiccal, the pause at the top was just long enough to create the right level of panic, the drop was fantastic, two seconds before the flatline I thought I was going to die, and when the ride slowed to a stop I was screaming "What? It's aldready done?!" I jumped off, forgetting my fright, ran back to the line, eager and impatient to go again -- because surely I missed something the first time.

It's not an epic. It's just a damn good ride.
on October 30, 2015
I would like to start by saying that both myself and my husband are both in emergency services here in CT... My husband is a Firefighter/EMT-B and I am a Flight Paramedic... I am watching this movie right now and I really into it... So much so that I've already bought it... Dispatchers in all 911 call centers have a very tough job and this movie is pretty adequate in depicting what it's like to handle a crisis and then to disconnect and never know the outcome of the victims... For that reason alone I couldn't do it... I have to be right there in the thick of things so I know the outcome... The hubby and I will be doing the "dinner and a movie" thing tonight! lol
on July 21, 2013
Fairly predictable, and not particularly well-paced. Has some good high-tension moments when the murderer is kidnapping the girl & making his escape. We never find out anything about the serial-killer's background, other than he had a questionable relationship with his sister and she died of cancer - this makes him a serial killer? Finally, the ending is so far out of sync with what little we do know about the character of the kidnapped girl and our heroin that it changes the entire character of the movie in the last 3 minutes! This isn't a surprise ending in the positive sense, it's a complete letdown and simply leaves you questioning whether the value system of the heroin and victim are really no better than that of the serial killer.
on July 16, 2017
I love this movie! Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin did a great job of keeping me on the edge of my seat! And the ending was so unexpected!
on March 27, 2017
Enjoyable
on September 9, 2017
I was so caught up in this story I could not look away. Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin are excellent! I absolutely recommend watching this one!!
on March 8, 2016
This is one of the most exciting movies I have ever seen! From the moment it starts to the moment it ends the level of concentration is equal to not blinking during the movie! The only way to watch this movie is on Amazon Instant Video so there are no commercials! Halle Barry is exceptional performance goes beyond expectations...she is tremendous! I actually watch this movie already 10X partly just because of her! I recommend this movie for all ages and even a family affair. The idea behind this movie was brilliant. LadyAnn68
on August 17, 2013
I gave it four stars. Everything was there the whole way for this to hit five stars but they just didn't quite bring it home. I will say that this movie built the suspense perfectly up to the climax! It did deliver more than it promised, with a fresh plot and a satisfying ending. Halle Berry looks great and I forgive her now for that weird cat woman B.S. we all had to witness. I was thoroughly engaged and invested in the protagonist and you will be too. The spoiler follows below.

This ending cost the movie a big part of a star. Utter non sense, alienating the audience from Halle's character, at least me anyway and others who connect this man with a need to receive proper justice for his other victims and their families. Not to mention how the last "clue" was such a long shot, and the whole "where is the car then?" question that we all must've been thinking, you know they should've found it during the raid. But.... I guess I can live with it, as I was very entertained!
on August 14, 2016
The movie contains long stretches of suspense, which really draws you in and makes the movie feel longer than it is. Yes, there are some parts where you might yell, "why did you do that?!" at the characters in the movie but what fun would it be if the characters did everything perfectly?
on May 13, 2017
Loved it! Love Halle Berry! I rarely watch a movie more than once, but this one I'd watch again.