Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on September 29, 2016
I really don't understand how Samuel's writing makes me feel like this. The first time I encountered him was through the 2+2=Reality pamphlet. I'm smiling with the memory of it. This feeling is so warm, fuzzy and bubbly and silly! Somehow it shines through. The Child Samuel speaks of is somehow alive between the lines of his writing. Much of it is good writing, although some of it is all over the place and even convoluted at times. But this doesn't matter at all. Samuel's writing unties all my knots. If I stick with it, the effect diminishes, and I have to admit this feeling is not really "on tap" for me. It's not something that is at my disposal. But go a couple months without looking at Samuel's writing, and come back to it, and there it is again! No other book of this type -- books for seekers -- have done this for me, at least not to this extent. And Samuel himself is aware of it, amazingly. Again and again he reminds the reader to read from the Heart, to squint at the words, to jiggle them around until you know their essence as your own. But again, how is it possible for someone to write this way?
on December 21, 2013
From the Introduction: "Surely, for all of us, the study of truth becomes a knot of intellectualism until Something bursts through to help."

That is my experience of this book, and more. it resolves unequivocally such neo-Advaita and spiritual-materialistic errors as, "Since I'm already the one consciousness, there is nothing to do." and "The body is not real, but please God heal this chunk of unreality." The discussion on the true meaning of "Render to Ceasar" etc. is worth the price of this priceless book--that is, if you want to truly unsuffocate the Child within and let it lead you to the mountaintop. Filled with practical approaches to living the Truth of what you are, so you can authentically be lived by Truth. After all, being lived by the truth is the end of crying and suffering. Have intellectual conclusions--no matter how deep, how brilliant, how unshakable-- brought crying and suffering to an end? If not, then this book is for you.
on April 1, 2015
William is great, all his books are worth reading, but this one is a writing of a man who has seen when mountains became mountains again. It gives some great tools and advice for before and after the change. But it also transmits an undercurrent, something that is not understandable by the mind, but is felt somehow somewhere. It moves and stirs in the deep. Often after some time you see results, but don't know how it happened.
on May 19, 2013
I have been on a spiritual quest for over 30 years and here in this work I have found the missing piece the bridge and interface that has allowed me to reconcile myself with Truth and ways of dealing with this reality, written in such simple terms. This is a jewel of a work that has exceeded my expectations one hundred fold - any seeker will be able to see and apply the wisdom contained within this work effortlessly and peacefully - Thank you William Samuel for providing this road map to Tranquility - what an exceptional gift.
on April 4, 2014
With many books in my library of this nature I have to say that this is a favorite because William Samuel make the mysterious and difficult pleasure to read and understand. Each sentence seems to build on the last until you start to get a glimpse of awakening as being present right now. Just let go of who you think you are, your beliefs, your story and personality is what he implies and teaches clearly.
on October 22, 2014
"The Child Within Us Lives" by William Samuel answers questions that other books have tried but failed to answer. If you want to know: Who am I? Why am I here? What is the purpose of this world? Read "The Child Within Us Lives by William Samuel and find the 'peace that passeth understanding' others have found and spoke of, this time in terms easy to understand.
on August 20, 2013
Your mind and heart will know the simple truth that is in this book. It is the real you speaking to you, taking your hand and walking you out into a light filled with incredible gentlness and peace.
on May 7, 2014
This book can appear dense and convoluted in the writing style, but if you are willing to sift through his analogies and read it, there is a lot of good information. He talks about the Child Within as the quickest way to find the 'I Am'. Having read the book, I find that I am enjoying more childlike innocence and freedom in my own life!