Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 324 reviews
on August 19, 2016
I have read many of Whitlow's books and loved each one. This story builds a before and after scenario, which is great in any story to see what happens after. The plot is very relevant in today's culture...do I abort my baby, keep it, or put it up for adoption. Whitlow shows what goes on in the mind of a young girl caught in an unplanned pregnancy after having sex for the first time. Not every family will respond as hers did; she was fortunate, but too many teen boys do respond as her boyfriend did. What she does builds her character and prepares her for the rest of the story.
on July 30, 2016
This is the first book I've read by Robert Whitlow and I absolutely loved it. The story is based on a young high school girl, Sandy, who makes the poor decision of sleeping with her boyfriend one time and becomes pregnant. Sandy is a young Christian being raised in a loving home and has to make heart rendering decisions that would be difficult for anyone, let alone a 17 year old girl. This novel is a wonderful example of how God can use even our bad decisions and bring life from them. The Choice is a heartwarming story of adoption and selflessness. I cannot imagine anyone taking the time to read this book and not enjoy it. It will be one that stays with me for ages. I highly recommend it.
VINE VOICEon September 15, 2012
The Choice is definitely a pro-life novel that follows the Christian Moral values that Christians have come to expect from Robert Whitlow in his writings. He is true to his Christian roots and gives us a good novel that is well balanced, although it does lean heavily towards pro-life. Yet his characters are real people, not fanatic's, not overbearing or obsessed with a cause, they are just following their Biblical roots of beliefs.

Yes, the pro-choice people will come off looking a bit more like the villains and I guess that is to be expected. But I believe they are written in a way that is courteous to their beliefs.

The Choice follows the life of Sandy Lincoln. The first half of the book is about her trouble of becoming pregnant while a senior in high school. This was shortly after the Roe vs. Wade decision and thus frames the story as to the decisions that Sandy will face. First of all she will not be allowed to continue in high school. She must remove herself. She can go to a special school for delinquents if she wants to finish, but she can not stay at her home or in her own town. The humiliation and shame factor come into play.

In a twist of good writing Whitlow has Sandy go to live with her Aunt, who never married, who is a good choice of character for a woman dedicated to the rights of women, but through good education and well documented belief. She is pro-life, but still dedicated to the rights of women.

Sandy will give birth to twin boys and give them both up for adoption. She will have a say in the homes that are chosen and the process is well documented and well portrayed. The real human emotions of giving up a new born baby are well written. Both Sandy and her mother and aunt struggle with giving the babies up, but they know it is right.

Now the book shifts, it moves ahead in time 33 years. Sandy is back in her home town and is a teacher in the local high school and also the cheer leading coach. She has never married. She is dedicated to her students.

Enter Maria, a young hispanic girl who finds herself pregnant and facing the decision of her lifetime. She will approach Sandy for help. Sandy will give the best advice she can but finds that she is running a foul of the school administration. During this time students can stay in school even if they are pregnant and the school provides a counselor, who happens to be pro-choice and pushing Maria towards terminating the pregnancy.

Through a series of events Sandy will be taken to court by the school and a pro-choice group to attempt to get a restraining order so that she can't influence Maria. This will lead Sandy to find one of her sons. She will have to decide how to break the news to him that they are related, or will she.

Well, the book is well written. It is true Whitlow style. If you have enjoyed other Robert Whitlow books you are going to love this one. I will stop here so that there will not be any spoiler alert needed.

This is a great read. Enjoy it!
on July 18, 2017
This story shows deep, true love of Christian faith. Sandy exemplifies the true teachings of Jesus, caring for others over herself. I would have liked to have seen Carol grow up in the faith also. This is wonderful story. Proverbs 31 must have also been the foundation on which Sandy was developed from. Thank you for being inspired to write this beautiful story.
.😇👏.
on October 14, 2016
The Choice was very interesting and a page turner. I think this book may be considered Christian fiction. The heroine was a likable character with strong convictions. Her character is shaped by a tough decision she made in high school. Later she has to make a choice to stand by her convictions or give in to pressure to ignore them. The question came up about whether to have a baby is a choice rather than to have an abortion and it looked at both sides of making that decision. Story is about having courage. I look forward to reading this author again.
on January 18, 2017
For me, the insight of abortion vs. adoption speaks directly to my heart. I am adopted and Director of a crisis pregnancy center. While I've given birth, I have also lost not by abortion but the pain of loss is still there. If you like mystery, intrigue, news, law and spiritual insight with true love expressed then this is a book you should read! I've also read "The List" and "The Witnesses". Equally good books this one just carries personal meaning for me.
on March 5, 2017
I read until I finished almost non-stop. Robert Whitlow books are the top of my list! Thank you Robert Whitlow.
on June 26, 2017
This is a very good and encouraging book for us who believe in pro-life and not abortion. Sandy is a woman to admire and love for the choice she made.
on September 6, 2012
First of all I love Robert Whitlow. I am currently reading "Jimmy" written by him.

Choice was a fantanstic book. It was staged in the early 1970 when we still appeared to have some values and at least on the surface practiced what we had been taught. Sandy was a good girl who made a choice one night and finds herself "with child" While her family is upset only after a the mother of the boy was abortion a choice. There was no way Sandy wsa going to "kill" her baby so she went to live with an aunt.

Baby arrives, Sandy chooses adoption and goes on with her life. Fast forward 30 years, Sandy is a teacher and has a student in the same poosition with different reasons. However, now in this century abortion in more the norm and counselors and activists fight to get the young woman to have an abortion.

For me as a pro-life woman I was astounded at the tactics used on this 16 year old girl, even to the point of trying legal methods to make her have an abortion.

You won't be sorry you read the book, it is beautiful, has some twists and turns and in the end some unexpected surprises.
on August 28, 2012
I guess it would be accurate to say I am pro-The Choice. From the clever title, which is a play on the abortion proponents' "choice" label, to the last sentence, Robert Whitlow has spun another compelling tale. Just when I think he can't top his last novel, he proves me wrong and that is why I anxiously await each new book.

In The Choice, the author takes on the topics of un-wed mothers, abortion, adoption, and how great good can come out of seeming tragic situations if people will dare to do the right thing. The choices we made each day have a ripple effect far beyond what we usually consider. The choices made by Sandy Lincoln are weighty - literally life and death. They are not easy, selfish, or convenient. They are hard, unselfish, and inconvenient. Those are not terms used to describe enough decisions made in society today.

I bought two copies of The Choice to place in the high school libraries in our county. I hope and pray they will help young people to make wise choices and to choose life. This book is going to make a difference in many lives. Thank you Robert.