Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Imitation Leather|Change

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 74 reviews
on October 19, 2016
First of all, I love prayer. It seems that Mark Batterson's books just appeared in my inbox. I ordered them immediately and then ordered again for my Bible study gals, but also ordered the Prayer Journal. As I was reading the books, it hit me like lightning, that these books were a follow-up to the movie War Room. I thought, "Of course! God wants to teach me about prayer." These are the very books I needed to set a fire in my soul. I am not saying the Bible doesn't set a fire in me. What I am saying is that they came at a perfect time in my life, because before I saw War Room, my Bible study group had studied the Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer, and Priscilla is all about prayer. This whole year has been an emphasis on prayer. Actually, our church is praying for revival in the church, beginning with each of us. What Mark Batterson calls "dreams" can be anything we want or need to pray about. It is especially about kingdom building--praying through and praising through--until God gives us the spiritual desires of our heart, including the places we worship, people getting involved in the work of ministry, and ministry of all kinds. I highly recommend these books to any who want a refreshing perspective on prayer and trusting God to provide. They are very readable and my new favorites. I am so glad I ordered Batterson's books, including the Prayer Journal, which I truly consider an indespensible tool.
on April 3, 2017
The Circle Maker has helped reshape my prayer life. I committed to journaling for 40 days during my read of this book, and I have not missed a day yet, well 2 months past the time I committed. While I don't agree with Batterson's point of view on praying over some things, he did provoke me to think more deeply about the covenant I create with my Lord during prayer, how I approach Him, what I petition him with, and how I sense He is revealing His answers to me.
on December 23, 2016
ANYONE WANTING TO GROW SPIRITUALLY OR KNOW THEMSELVES MUST GET THIS. IT HELPED ME SO MUCH, I BOUGHT MORE AND GIVE OUT AS GIFTS. GREAT FOR AGES 10 AND UP. MY 11 YEAR OLD WANTED ONE! HE DOESN'T LIKE WRITING EITHER SO THAT IS FUNNY. I BUY MANY BOOKS AND JOURNALS AND TEACH ENGLISH. THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE!
on January 15, 2017
I love this journal! I read reviews that said the paper wasn't lined...that wasn't the case, it has nice college-ruled lined paper. Also there are little snippets of quotes from the Circle Maker Book on the top of each page. It's a nice way to record the things you are praying for then you can go back later to see all the prayers God has answered. Would recommend it!
on March 18, 2013
To start with, the prayer journal is a well made quality product that is made to be kept for a long time. The leather is supple and the embossed title and design are a great combination. The stitching is well done and I have no doubt it will last a long time. I have carried this in my bag every day to and from work and grad school and it shows no sign of wear. I have never journaled my prayers until now and it has made a difference in my prayer life.
on May 11, 2013
Author Mark Batterson writes in Draw the Circle that the shortest pencil is longer than the longest memory. That saying motivated me to buy a prayer journal. I also bought one for each of the the Elders on our Board.

The journal will become a diary of sorts, of God's faithfulness. It is exciting to think that the prayers we pray today are like "time capsules" (2012, Batterson) which we will open years form now and see how God has answered them. It is also a rich family treasure which the grandchildren may benefit from as they walk into the blessings and prayers prayed for them today.

The journal is leather bound and beautiful. Each page has a quote from Pastor Mark Batterson which is as inspirational as his two best selling books: CircleMaker and Draw the Circle.
on January 28, 2013
I love this book to write down my prayers that i am circling in my life. This gives me an opporutnity to see and look back at what I am praying for and to see what praers have been answered and what prayers will soon be answered
on April 7, 2014
After having Mark in our church and reading the "Circle Maker" and "Draw the Circle" my prayer life has rocketed to statoshpere levels. For anyone interested to getting into a deeper prayer life THESE are the books to read. The books were bought directly at church the evening he was there and this is the prayer JOURNAL that goes along with it.
on April 22, 2017
Empower yourself read this book
on November 3, 2014
I was looking for a change in my prayer life. I've used it daily for 40 months. Well bound and holds up to heavy use & travel.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse