Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 31, 2012
This is the second book by Mark Batterson that I have read in under a month. It was such an amazing read that when I finished it I flipped back to the first page and started reading it again, this time taking more time to digest and process the material. Though this student edition is co-written with his son Parker Batterson, it was also a great read as an adult. Now I must admit I have not read The Circle Maker (yet!) but this book was done in an amazing way and I highly recommend it. The sections in the book are:

1. The Legend of the Circle Maker

Keep Circling
15. Now There Was One
Appendix
Notes

Almost every chapter has a personal example that starts with an ideal, goal or prompting from God. Then there is a comparison to a biblical case or story. Then it ends with circling back and Mark and Parker telling us how it came to pass. Each chapter also has three questions that can be used for group discussion, or personal reflection. These questions will help you to go deeper with the material being presented and help you examine your life and practices. This book will confront how you see prayer, what you pray for, how you pray.

Mark states: "Prayer was never meant to be a one-sided conversation; it was meant to be a dialogue! Think of Scripture as God's part of the script; and prayer our part." p. 86 Like many of the biblical stories we have a part to play, we need to call out from the side of the road, we need to lower our friends through the hole in the roof, we need to pick up our mat and walk. All depending on what God shows us and our obedience in following him. "The common denominator in each of these stories is holy desperation. People took desperate measures to get to God, and God honored them for it. Nothing has changed. God is still honoring spiritual desperadoes who crash parties and climb trees. God is still honoring those who defy the way things should be with their bold prayers. God is still honoring those who pray with bravery and stubbornness." So pick up the book, read and pray and become a prayer warrior pursuing God and his will, and his solutions to what life throws at you.
13 people found this helpful
on August 23, 2014
This book is very challenging and encouraging to anyone regardless of where their prayer walk is at. Every time I read one of the circle maker books, I am challenged in a new way. The books are all about the power of prayer and how to circle your dreams and God's plan for your life in bold and confident prayer. It challenges you to keep praying through even when it gets hard and reminds you that God always listens and responds to our prayers. His answer may not be what we always expect, but it is always perfect and for our best! Mark Batterson tells some amazing stories about prayer and has so much insight and wisdom on prayer! Awesome book and HIGHLY recommend!
on March 18, 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It lends a whole new perspective on prayer and faith. It puts into the readers hands, a more solid way to pray while teaching how to put into practice the patience to wait for our answers from God. Batterson has a charming wit that makes this book reader friendly and memorable. This isn't one of thoes books that you read and forget about. It's a book that you will put into practice and use everyday of your life. It draws you close to God.
3 people found this helpful
on August 26, 2016
This book is very similar to the original just simplified a little.
on May 17, 2013
revealing, inspiring & hope beyond measure about how powerful our prayers can be when useing God's Word & standing firm in our request(s), don't give up on God, He will come thru...
2 people found this helpful
on March 5, 2015
I had read the adult version of this book and it had a profound effect on me. I decided to use it with jr & sr high school girls I mentor. It really is a life changing book.
on May 20, 2018
Great
on December 5, 2017
This book gives you that extra jolt to get you going
on August 22, 2016
I have learned alot from this book
on March 14, 2016
I read the original then bought this a gift for my grandson. We both thought it was a great book.