Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Cleveland Show Season 3
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

on April 21, 2013
I am surprised by this... and I hate to say I will not be purchasing season 3 of the Cleveland show in this poor format. My main reason for purchasing the season sets is to get the deleted scenes and creator commentaries. I'll hold off until a release of what I have come to expect comes about. This better not become a new normal for releases of these shows. What happened FOX? You can do better than this...or is this all part of a plan to keep the Black Cartoon Character down? I'll buy it when a quality release is available. Cleveland Brown is not amused!
55 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2013
I agree with all the complaints people have about this amazingly lazy release - lack of any extras at all (including subtitles), etc. I see that Fox Home Entertainment has still found the time to put very long unskippable openings on each disc and (also now unskippable) warnings after every SINGLE EPISODE!

While I suppose the sound was mixed in matrixed Dolby Surround and thus the lack of 5.1 isn't anything but a formatting problem, I find it incredibly annoying that the soundtracks weren't encoded properly and I had to turn on the Pro Logic myself. This is also not a good sign, if all but the highest profile shows get barer-than-bare-bones releases on volatile media... what is going to happen in the future? Why are they charging full price for this BS?

But the reason I am moved to write a review now is that for some reason the sound mixes - especially on the first half dozen or so episodes - are incredibly loud, as in everything sounds so range-compressed it is headache-inducing, even when I halve my sound system's volume from its usual level. How did THAT happen? Why does it sound worst at the beginning of the season? Who knows? At this point, with the exception of the occasional uncensored word and the credits, consumers might as well just make DVD-Rs from the Fox broadcasts, so if that's not what the home video division wants, it better step up its game.

The episodes themselves are fine. Season 3 is a little sillier but still enjoyable.
on April 20, 2013
DVD-R.....come on Fox. No special features or subtitles. This was a waste of $23.00 especially if you have net-flix. Do not buy.
on February 13, 2014
i chose this 5 star rating, because i still like these series, ad i never had a problem right now. i will let everyone know if i o have a problem. i know everyone had a problem with these series. i still recommend these series to everyone that loves the family guy.
on April 15, 2013
This is unacceptable! I have purchased every DVD set in Seth McFarlane's animated world and this is what is released? I feel ultimatly betrayed! No choices... No extras... No nothing... Other than only half the episodes being uncensored there is absolutely no point in purchasing this. DVD-R is an incredibly short-lived format compared to factory pressings. Why oh why does FOX feel the need to screw their fans with this giant middle finger?
on March 14, 2014
Im a Fan, you either like it or you don't.. a little stereotypical as far as Race is concerned, but the show is so well written it can be overlooked and accepted far better then similar shows such as the Spin-off from Family Guy or American Dad. I think both shows are tasteless obnoxious and mean spirited to say the least, its all about the delivery, and the supporting characters are hilarous the rifle toting Red Neck, the Tie wearing Cable Customer service Rep Bear, his loud mouth smack talkng step son Rollo, Sad but the Collection is more Special now that their Canceled, can't wait to own the last Season, Season 4
on May 11, 2013
Seriously. What the hell. I ordered an exchange and I hope it doesn't have the same problems. However I'm doubtful because all three discs skip and have sound that doesn't match the picture. It would be more understandable if it were only one disc that doesn't work properly, but it's all three. The discs are purple in colour and appear to be burned. They also have large scuffs that wont buff out. So disappointed. Great show, but horrible product.
on July 9, 2014
This series is great! Cleveland is hilarious, and the story lines flow better than family guy. A lot of reviewers left bad rankings because of the lack of deleted scenes and commentary. Those things aren't that big of a deal to me. It's a great show (except for the language) and should get good ratings.
on June 23, 2014
Great show. Very funny. One of those shows that I find myself laughing out loud to. I was sorry to hear that season 4 was their last season. Season 3 had more musical episodes than the other seasons I believe. This show was very funny and am happy to have it, even tho amazon video on demand. 5 stars !
on June 12, 2014
Seasons 3 and 4 of the Cleveland show get no stars. I bought and returned these seasons twice...cheap quality,no extras...and by the way...they don't play in any dvd players anywhere...ever......save your money, don't support seth mcsellout