Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on May 12, 2014
This is worth a read, especially if you find Mr. Clinton as charming as I always do. I'm always amazed at what some people are able to get away with; Mr. Tyrrell tells more things than I knew about.

Recommended for everyone!
on July 26, 2008
Perhaps it is because Mr. Tyrrell is, in my opinion, an intelligent and well researched writer, which gives him the factual perspective enabling clear-headed criticism. For many years, there has been embarrassment, humiliation, and utter disbelief surrounding the actions and inactions of this former president, his apologists and enablers. Almost en masse, the media has dutifully carried his water, parroted his lame excuses, giggled at his "bad boy" philanderings, made us all a little smaller for it, and helped to make the highest and most respected office of our land a playground for this sad man. It is thanks to people like Mr. Tyrrell who take on the burden of supplying documented background, so the rest of us can have the proof that unfortunately, many people do not seem to want. Additionally, he maintains a level of humor about darkly disturbing human behavior, which allows an element of pity to be conjured for this former president.
on June 9, 2007
I was going to put off reading this one until the used book price dropped but found that I simply could not wait any longer. I had to hear all about Bill's antics over the last eight years, particularly with his wife in the news everyday. The big creep's personal life has largely been flying under the radar since he left office so there's no question that there's a lot of material to go over, but salacious details are not to be found in The Clinton Crack-up. It's unfortunate that the 42nd President's tenure turned us all into voyeurs, but the fact is that there are not too many juicy stories in these pages. Oh, he's still getting it whenever possible but it appears that he's sleeping with seasoned and hardened Democratic Party fundraiser types who are not the sort to be narcissistically sharing tidbits with the general public. Alas, I guess there'll never be another Monica. I do give Tyrrell a lot of credit for the stunt he pulled off in Toronto which you can read about in the Prologue. As we know from his excellent columns at The American Spectator, Bob is not lacking in spirit or courage. Yet, the central question is, what's become of the Boy President? He continues to be a perfect case study of extroversion as he is completely energized by crowds and other people, but now, for the first time since his being Governor of Arkansas, when he is alone he is truly alone. He got habituated to massive does of publicity and attention and appears to miss the fanfare badly. This book is particularly strong in regards to its discussion of the Clinton political legacy--or lack-there-of that is. The majority of the politicians he campaigns for do not succeed, and the man is clearly not the political genius that the press has made him out to be. Clintonism seems to be synonymous with politicism and there really isn't much more to his career or reputation than that. What he will do should Hillary become President is unknown as it does not appear that they spend much time together at present. These are interesting times indeed.
on May 14, 2007
This book is very well researched with footnotes and substantiation to the claims. We believed the Clintons to be very self-centered and driven by financial power, socialism and greed, but the extent to which they betrayed our country was not fully known before reading the in-depth accounts in this book. Why these people have not been run out of the country is beyond our scope of thinking. I only imagine that our population prefers to get by with wishful thinking than to see the truth behind the Clinton charade. It appears they fool their supports in much the same way that China fooled them during their presidency. It's a well written, if not disturbing, book.
on May 13, 2007
Although I am amazed by the number of Clinton escapades I had forgotten about since he left office I must say I never wanted to know this much about Bill Clinton's sex life! Thanks for reminding me what a money grasping little thug Hillary is.
1010 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2007
I love to read the stories about the Clintons that the mainstream liberal media refuses to share with us...all the underhanded, conniving dirty tricks both of them engage in. This book shows them for what they are...power hungry and unethical.