Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The College Handbook of Creative Writing
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 12, 2017
First of all, read some literature by DeMaria before you even think about reading this handbook because, let’s face it, you have to look at the master’s art before you get into his work. I guess it can be said that I’ve detracted from college and university very much. There’s even quality of work here as DeMaria is confined in formal text to present literature in variety so as to display excellence and horror with condemnation or pleasure of paying attention. My syntax is kind of funny here because I like considering his ideas while putting in my own efforts, since that’s why literature is experimental but provocative for any craftiest writer who takes those moments in hashing out great results. Poetry most certainly is an art form that benefits from mathematical analysis as well as feelings, for, if syllables are numbers in your head and you count them to satisfaction, you may actually find that different points of literary conversation end with seven syllables instead of eleven and so on. Of course, DeMaria shows various traditional forms of poetry but doesn’t mention that new language often occurs in poetry and thus we can’t assume things about the normal grammar rules for such fresh communication. Originality is very much a mystery and a writer has to decide how much of it to put in literary art. We most certainly can’t stand it when some author puts in so much work only to exhibit poor information in spite of the fact that pleasure is seldom existing in his or her show of performance; at best, while students may pass information to each other without criticism, life without criticism is not philosophy but fashion, which is what DeMaria appeals to partially while also pinpointing differential concepts in order to demonstrate authorized mastery. At most times DeMaria shows work by other artists, yet he also exhibits professionalism through his own given poems. (His “Hello Bones” is daunting with its small narrator’s talk about the possibility of being nothing but scrap in a house somewhere.) So a person might ask me why I approve of this handbook if I’m not in school anymore. I can answer this person by saying that, first of all, we never really leave education. Instead we just find specific resources like I do here with this green handbook on creative writing. Second of all to this first justification is that DeMaria exhibits wild character in these personal lessons while also giving notion to writing in a kind of literature fan’s imaginary conversation, even if he’s not actually reciting the whole book for every place he goes to. In fact, it’s recommendable by me to take short peeks at this book fairly often to get the artificial ideas about creative writing and how best to determine your own written work. My secret about writing is in the last five words of the sentence prior to this one- “determine your own written work.” You’ll likely make some mistakes here and there, but with input from people and input from yourself- since you need imaginary feedback from both sides- DeMaria’s handbook is more than helpful and is an absorptive collection of great literary refinements… although, you might need a hint or two in life.
on March 11, 2017
This is a small sized book (dimension wise), but the information enclosed is worth it.
on September 29, 2016
A small but mighty book jam packed with excellent poems and short stories as well as a screenplay. This book is a must for all students who want to increase their knowledge of creative writing.
on August 27, 2017
Student in College, and its a good deal
on August 28, 2013
I used this for a college course and found it full of interesting tips and useful items. It's a good read and good refresher even if you know most of this info. One of the texts that I kept from class.
on October 20, 2013
excellent book. great exercises, and fantastic for my eng 211 course the book came on time and was in roygh condition but that was to be expected. very great buy. it was a steal!
on April 9, 2013
This was a required book for creative writing class. So far I believe it meets my expectations. Although I haven't read the whole book, it seems to have really good information for a writer.
on February 4, 2012
Excellent cost for a good used book. Book was in great condition. Saved over $100 in comparison to the campus book price. Book came swift and Im glad!
on November 19, 2017
I had to read this for an online class I was doing this summer.

I actually found this book to be much more helpful than the class was actually. It provided a lot of insights to writing, and helped make you think more about the way you plan on writing your work.

I also really enjoyed having the multitude of examples within the book to help extenuate the aspects of writing.
on August 19, 2016
This book was required for a class I'm taking. Week 1 and I already loathe it. Non-literary writing is dismissed as 'trivial' and 'chewing gum for the eyes'. The writing is dull and uninteresting. The tiny print and thin pages don't make it any easier to read. There are far better theory books out there - ones that are engaging and don't talk down to the reader.