Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on January 16, 2014
The author has good insight about china compare to most American does not. As an Asian, i know how Chinese behave and thinking. The author hit on target.
on December 6, 2011
The book pays no attention to the benefits that the world and the US gets from this trade with China. Also the Chinese perspective is totally neglected. Not that they are completely right, but a good story teller will create a balance that will make your think for yourself. Instead the author is shoving his point of view down your throat without mercy.

I did get annoyed rather fast, but than I realized that I'd be missing on a lot of relevant research if I didnt finish the book... So I did and learned a lot.

A much better product is the documentary below.
China's Century of Humiliation

Much more balanced, it takes you inside the Chinese mind by giving you the historical foundation of the Chinese national psyche today.

Enjoy
on May 27, 2008
Slower delivery, but great condition. Appreciate the quality. This book is informative of today's China business, trade, public policies, etc.
on June 8, 2007
Anyone interested in the global environment and economics will find this book and the data/citations found in it, valuable. Not the type of book that would probably interest an expert in international economies but a very good introduction to a wide range of cause and effect relationships. More importantly, it raises one's awareness of strategic and political approaches being taken by China toward other countries around the globe. I rate the book excellent.
on February 9, 2008
This book was well written. It gives you a small look into China's mysterious and often selfish goals. They're not so shy after all.
on February 19, 2007
I found this to be interesting and informative. The book reports in depth on the current challenges with China that are not well reported in the news. Economists more reflect my point of view.

It highlights a lot of potential threats. It deals with the counterfeiting that is extending to pharmaceuticals, the growing pollution problem that is killing 400,000 Chinese a year. The potential military threat to the region as well.

Another outstanding book I read about China is Wild Swans by Jung Chang, I got nothing else done until I finished it. It is about the lives of three generations from before the Japanese invasion to the death of Mao.
on October 24, 2007
This should be required reading for ALL Politicians, Lawyers and high
and college/university students in the U.S.

Outsourcing is not cheaper, it is destroying the American dream and all
that dream implies.
on December 28, 2009
Thank you for the "Coming China Wars" book that I purchased. Book is fine. However, I was very disappointed with the delivery by the Amazon.com. A). When I purchased the book through the website, it categorically stated that delivery is free, YET Amozon.com charged me for the delivery! (this is "misleading advertising" and NOT right), 2). The book was suppose to deliver within a week, but it took over THREE WEEKS to deliver the book. As a consequence it became worthless to me, as I did not have it with me prior to my travel abroad. I contacted Amazon regarding this to expedite the delivery - nothing was done. I hope Amazon will fix both these issues, that significantly affect my future buying from its website.
Sunil (12/28/09)
on August 23, 2008
This book is a most informative book detailing the causes of the massive changes taking place in the western world today through the agency of China. China is affecting everyone. A must read book. Wayne Butcher
on July 17, 2007
Brilliant. Navarro manages to encapsulate all the diverse threats (economic, ecological, social, and more) posed by China's unprecedented expansion in a cohesive and readable narrative. As always, his wry style keeps the book a page turner, making a complex subject both informing and entertaining. The author recently testified before congress on these very same points - let us hope they were paying attention.