Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

The Complete Book of Butt and Legs
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$19.99+ $3.99 shipping

on February 2, 2018
Although the book was written 20 plus years ago. It introduced me to workouts I'd never seen before. .......it came with photographs of how to perform exercises. The book was in great condition.
on February 2, 2010
Although I am not a certified personal trainer, I have weight trained for two decades and have competed in both my 20's and now 40's... I attended a 'Posing Seminar' sponsored by my personal trainer's studio here in Phoenix, AZ (Scott's Training Systems) that was conducted by one of the NPC head judges. Our first session was more so about what the judges look for with an emphasis on anatomy/genetics etc..... Our instructor encouraged each of us to increase our knowledge with regards to skeletal/muscular, how our bodies work when exercising..the more knowledge you have the better equipped you are to accomplish your fitness goals. Based on her advise, I began purchasing books for my fitness library. This book is detailed, yet easy to read and understand. It is a great resource. The illustrations and descriptions are easy to understand and follow. This book is more than just about legs and glutes, although that is the main focus.
on July 17, 2016
This book is too basic
It is for people who are starting weight training
on June 26, 2015
Great leg ideas
on December 12, 2015
Too basic butt it is good lol
on February 4, 2016
Great book, exercise for home use as well as at the gym.
on September 12, 2014
responsible
on January 12, 2003
The Brungardt series of "Complete" Exercises finally gets around to covering lower body. It's nice to see a reference book that focuses on the most essential piece of a well-planned workout.
Legs (including Hamstrings, quads, and calves) are the thrust of this guide, and Brungardt certainly knows how to put together an excellent leg program, whether you are a novice or a pro. The Brungardt strategy is a sound 1-2-3 elevated program, guiding the reader from basic leg workouts up through some tough variations on the master of all weightlifting moves, the squat. The book takes a lot of time explaining the value of proper form in leg routines, which is essential for anyone looking to maintain a healthy back. Brungardt also spends a good deal of time explaining the importance of diet and cardio exercise to develope and tone some awesome legs.
The section on glute building is rather basic, but fits well with the material as most leg exercises involve the glutes, when done properly. Some individual focus on hyperextensions, among other exercises, give the reader some good tools if they want to add more of a glute building routine to their program.
I have found all of the Brungardts books to be a valuable guide for enforcing proper form, and getting some solid motivational advice (they always stress the importance of bringing the nind into the exercise, which is overlooked in most of today's exercise manuals). And it is nice to see legs get a book all their own - if you are like me, and know how valuable a good leg routine is to your workout, you'll appreciate the advice dispensed in this book. Of course, most gym rats won't be interested in a book that ignores the "pecs and guns" mentality that is so prevalent today in the gym. That's a shame, because this book is a great reminder of how lower body affects, and helps build a solid upper body as well
on November 9, 2011
I've had this book on my shelf for years. I have occasionally referenced it for ideas to add specific exercises to a gym routine, but until recently I had never committed to completing any of the multi-week programs laid out in the book.

I have never been an avid strength trainer. But, having recently recovered from a long-term illness I really needed to undertake a serious strength training program to combat the severe muscle atrophy that took place during the course of my illness. So, I pulled this book off the shelf and decided to embark on the 15-week home workout program for men.

I'll start with some criticism. From the start I was reminded why I had never attempted to do this in the past. Though the specific exercises and complete programs are explained in great detail (from proper technique to number of reps and even between-set rest times), it is supremely inconvenient to try to flip back and forth through the book while trying to exercise. Especially when rest times between exercises can be as short as 30 seconds. For one, it would be great if the book were spiral-bound so it could lay open flat on a table. And, even more critically, it would be great if there were a companion workbook that had the full programs laid out with the exercises compiled in a day-by-day, week-by-week format so that there would be no need for constant flipping.

Having said all of that, those criticisms are completely out-weighed by the results that I have achieved through the completion of the program. To begin with, I took the time to create my own sort of day-by-day, week-by-week workbook. I scanned and printed out the exercises needed for each day in each week and tacked them up to a cork board so I had my daily workouts laid out right in front of my nose. No more page flipping! And I could actually rest between sets instead of scouring the book for the next exercise. This was a huge help. And, as for the results... I didn't take before and after pics, or chronicle any physical measurements, but the results are unmistakable to me. I can see it in the mirror. I can feel it when I walk and run. I'm 40 years old (and coming off an extended illness) and my legs feel as strong and sturdy as I can ever remember...and, visibly, they have greater muscle definition than ever. And that is after only 15 weeks. I can only imagine the potential gains to be made by following the programs in this book over the long haul.

If this book were spiral-bound and if it had a companion training workbook, I would give it a full 5 stars. But the inconvenience of following the programs with the book laid out as it is costs it a star.

P.S. I am also using the Complete Book of Shoulders and Arms and can recommend it with the same conviction. But also with the same criticisms. Results? Yes. Ease of use? No.
on April 5, 2008
Another great reference book of exercises. Aside from all of the cool exercises with weights, machines, body weight and even the swimming pool, there are distinct workout plans. While I did not see any outdoor or stamina workouts, there was plenty there. I especially liked the comments from athletes and personal trainers. The calf routine got good results with my own clients.

Doug Setter, author of Stomach Flattening and One Less Victim: A Prevention Guide